Therapy?

Kyriakos

Creator
Therapy? is an irish alternative/ hard rock band. They still exist, they started out in the early 90s i think.
They appear to not be very popular, although briefly they were somewhat mainstream, with the singles out of their Troublegum album.
Probably they are so obscure because their lyrics are too dark/depressed/angry. Their main guitarist and vocalist was suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and many of the songs are about that.

Here are some i managed to find in Youtube, and like:

Link to video.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Have you heard of them? What do you think of their music? There are more videos by them on Youtube. :)

Only listened to the first two songs. The instrumental is very good, but the voice is a bit... ordinary, sounds more like solfege than actual singing. Just my two cents. The first song, and to a certain extent the second, uses the Phrygian mode (Phrygic? no idea - German is messing with my mind - but it's a Greek word originally, so you should know what I mean), to which I'm partial, thanks to the extremely wide-spread usage in Spanish music, and therefore guitar of almost any kind.

The song structure is also quite simple and traditional. All in all, something I would definitely not mind hearing on the radio, but not something I would sit and listen to without doing anything else, like I would do with a song by Dream Theater or Opeth, for example. BTW, Opeth has quite a lot of dark themes, you know them, right?

Therapy? are awesome! :beer:

I've seen them twice, both this year, once at Downlaod Festival and once at the Thekla in Bristol (which was just last month in fact!)

Here's a picture of me and a mate in Therapy? t-shirts bought at the Bristol gig! :D

I have the albums Nurse, Troublegum, Infernal Love and Crooked Timber. Need to get more!

Troublegum is one of the best albums of all time I reckon. And Screamager one of the best songs ever written!

Troublegum is an awesome album. But I've never bothered to listen to their other albums. Are they equally good?

And I'm quite surprised that they still exist....

Never heard of them.

I'm putting my money on Jedward as the next big thing out of Ireland.

Edit: I like that second song - a bit of googling sugests they are from Norn Iron in the bad days which could explain why I have never heard of them.

I dont know Opeth, no. I went to youtube to hear one of their songs, but i didnt really like it :(

And Therapy have other good albums apart from Troublegum, which probably is their best though. But during that time they appear to have been more serious about misery, whereas later on they are more humorous :)

Link to video.

Isn't their most known song Diane ? I've heard that lots of times on tv.

Link to video.

Anyway i like it. :) Ill prolly listen to the other songs posted here later.

Therapy? are class. Only saw them once but they were brilliant. Badmother is their best song. Incidentally Troublegum sold bucketloads.

I'll be seeing therapy? December 6th actually. A friend of mine invited me just today, because they will be playing in our hometown. I was when I was 10 years old or something and liked their music eversince... :)

Therapy? are awesome! :beer:

I've seen them twice, both this year, once at Downlaod Festival and once at the Thekla in Bristol (which was just last month in fact!)

Here's a picture of me and a mate in Therapy? t-shirts bought at the Bristol gig! :D

I have the albums Nurse, Troublegum, Infernal Love and Crooked Timber. Need to get more!

Troublegum is one of the best albums of all time I reckon. And Screamager one of the best songs ever written!

I bought the same shirt, I bet you went October 15th, right ;) ?

Top Bottom