Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Strategy & Tips

Old Nov 29, 2009, 03:23 AM   #1
lymond
Rise Up!

Info Screen Question

Okay, I play with the BUFFY mod and have a question about the Info screen. Since many here play with BUG or BUFFY, I thought I'd post here first.

I've really started to monitor the Info Screen a lot lately, especially to check my power rating on the graph. Maybe I've just noticed this issue now since I do check it more frequently. What I've notice is that on the graphs, certain CIVs graph lines are not present. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. One minute I can clearly identify where I stand against other CIVs and then all of sudden I have no clue.

Has anyone had this problem. Is it standard and I'm just missing something?

thanks
lymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 03:27 AM   #2
Shurdus
Am I Napoleon?

It depends on the amount of espionage points you have accumulated. To be more precise, it depends on the ratio of total espionage points you have generated compared to the points the AI has.

Afaik it matters little if you spend the points afterwards, just having generated them matters... Although I am unsure of the precise mechanics.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 05:23 AM   #3
Leventis
Warlord

Yeah, you need to direct EPs towards the other civs. Check the Espionage Screen to see how many points you need under 'see demographics' (or something like that).
Old Nov 29, 2009, 05:58 AM   #4
lymond
Rise Up!

Oh...I didn't realize that EP points effected the graphs on the Info Screen. Several of the AIs seem to have a significant amount of EP points to me, so it certainly may be the case. I assume they are dropping Great Spys on me to accumulate that many points. I don't go out of my way on EP points other than the normal builds. Occasionally I'll increase the weight for certain civs but regardless if they are dropping Great Spies there's no way to catch up.

Any thoughts on factors playing into how the AI emphasizes EPs. I take it that as far as great spies are concerned the AI is going to drop them on the human player regardless of how good the relationship is.
lymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 03:02 PM   #5
z0wb13
undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymond View Post
: Any thoughts on factors playing into how the AI emphasizes EPs. I take it that as far as great spies are concerned the AI is going to drop them on the human player regardless of how good the relationship is.
it's not even great spies. on harder difficulties, any large ai civ will outproduce you just from their buildings.

mod: 3Ultrc; play as: pro/org, cha/cre, ind/phi.
z0wb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 03:36 PM   #6
r_rolo1
King of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0wb13 View Post
it's not even great spies. on harder difficulties, any large ai civ will outproduce you just from their buildings.
That happens because, unlike most human players, the AI builds espionage buildings and uses the espionage slider . It is perfectly possible to outspy the AI in higher levels as long as you want to....

My Civ lema: Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur

Lonely Hearts Club Bullpen / You , Yourself and your shadow : Some lessons on isolated starts
r_rolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 07:57 PM   #7
z0wb13
undead

@r_rolo1: they use the slider too? and i can't ever out-spy the ai past emperor. but then, i only ever push the slider if i have a specific tech that i want to steal.

mod: 3Ultrc; play as: pro/org, cha/cre, ind/phi.
z0wb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:13 AM   #8
r_rolo1
King of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0wb13 View Post
@r_rolo1: they use the slider too? and i can't ever out-spy the ai past emperor. but then, i only ever push the slider if i have a specific tech that i want to steal.
Typical AI city screen:
Spoiler:

My Civ lema: Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur

Lonely Hearts Club Bullpen / You , Yourself and your shadow : Some lessons on isolated starts
r_rolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote