At the mountains of madness (movie)

Kyriakos

Creator
Any news about the movie about this large story by HPL? I read in wikipedia that Del Toro had trouble finding financing for it. I hope that the project is not alltogether abandoned...

Only other thing i have heard was that it was supposed to be in cinemas by 2012...

Looks like it's still being worked on ...
I can't believe that Del Toro is reponsible for both Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth, given how bad the former was and how great the latter.

I don't think the silver screen could convey Lovecraft's brand of horror better than words.

I don't think the silver screen could convey Lovecraft's brand of horror better than words.

I doubt that too, but i am too lazy to read At the mountains of madness, although i tried some times. So i will be looking forward to the movie :)
Besides, that novel is too based on scientific (or pseudo-scientific?) details and analysis, so it moves at a very slow pace.

Amusing that you of all people complain about slow moving stories. ;)
There is a pretty good audio adaption of MoM if you can find it.

I doubt that too, but i am too lazy to read At the mountains of madness, although i tried some times. So i will be looking forward to the movie :)
Besides, that novel is too based on scientific (or pseudo-scientific?) details and analysis, so it moves at a very slow pace.

Just get through the first part. Once they get to the ruins, things become interesting. ;) But that just might be me, since I love exposition of a fictional world.

Looks like it's still being worked on ...
I can't believe that Del Toro is reponsible for both Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth, given how bad the former was and how great the latter.

Hmmm. I liked Hellboy. /shrug.

Amusing that you of all people complain about slow moving stories. ;)
There is a pretty good audio adaption of MoM if you can find it.

I dont mind slow moving stories, but ATMOM was full of airplane descriptions and co-ordinates, and nothing at all of importance was happening. And i am not really interested in the topography of Antarctica so i got bored by that :)

Top Bottom