Strange Runtime Error

Praetyre

King
Whenever I run RoM with 8 players, large map and all default module settings for A New Dawn plus Unlimited Wonders on Earth2, the game crashes to desktop about a quarter of the way to loading up the game, saying that the runtime had asked the system to terminate it in an unusual way. It seems removing 15 leaders solved the problem, and adding them back brought it back, and none are one's not already found in the Leader Addon Pack. I have 35 leaders with the 15, and 20 without. My stats are enclosed, and nor RAM nor CPU seem to be at the root of the problem according to my Windows Task Manager records.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.1 KB · Views: 183
IMHO the Leader addon pack hates you

Upon further investigation, it seems to be related to the amount of overall content (since removing some custom civs and leaderheads helped). However, RAM doesn't peak out, and I doubt CPU is the problem. Any other ideas on what might be affecting my system performance?

Upon further investigation, it seems to be related to the amount of overall content (since removing some custom civs and leaderheads helped). However, RAM doesn't peak out, and I doubt CPU is the problem. Any other ideas on what might be affecting my system performance?

Video RAM probably get's maxed out. I can't name any software that tracks that offhand...

Video RAM probably get's maxed out. I can't name any software that tracks that offhand...
I found that BtS debug screen has option to show video RAM amount. Though on my computer it showed -250MB at the game start which probably means that it went over the 3GB limit and BtS can't show the real amount... my comp has radeon 4890 1GB and Nvidia 9600 (or something) 256MB cards and aperture size is 4GBs (I got 8GB of system RAM with 64bit Win7). Aperture size can be seen with 3D Marks program (and other spec details too).

Anyway, you need to enable cheat mode and enter the debug screen in game (ctrl+d I think) and there's whole lot of different sub pages for various debug options.. though I couldn't get the game show any stats anywhere, not on screen or in log files. Wireframe and plot system testing modes were kinda fun :) Also noticed that unit animations can be tested also with ctrl+u.

I found that BtS debug screen has option to show video RAM amount. Though on my computer it showed -250MB at the game start which probably means that it went over the 3GB limit and BtS can't show the real amount... my comp has radeon 4890 1GB and Nvidia 9600 (or something) 256MB cards and aperture size is 4GBs (I got 8GB of system RAM with 64bit Win7). Aperture size can be seen with 3D Marks program (and other spec details too).

Anyway, you need to enable cheat mode and enter the debug screen in game (ctrl+d I think) and there's whole lot of different sub pages for various debug options.. though I couldn't get the game show any stats anywhere, not on screen or in log files. Wireframe and plot system testing modes were kinda fun :) Also noticed that unit animations can be tested also with ctrl+u.

If you use debug mode you can put the unit animations in slow motion.

the Civ Debug controls combined with a debug dll allows for some interesting things. You can turn profiling on and see the exact calculation times for specific functions. That's how I measure mod speeds.

I removed Richelieu, cause he looks like a harlequin baby... no offense to the creator but that leader scares me.... btw if i remove leader heads from custom civs, and civs/leaderheads of normal BTS would that improve performance (as in start up my game?)

I removed Richelieu, cause he looks like a harlequin baby... no offense to the creator but that leader scares me.... btw if i remove leader heads from custom civs, and civs/leaderheads of normal BTS would that improve performance (as in start up my game?)
Yes, it will improve performance. You could use also Static Leaderheads which turns BtS leaders to static pictures. The module is located in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Unloaded Modules\' folder.

Yes, it will improve performance. You could use also Static Leaderheads which turns BtS leaders to static pictures. The module is located in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Unloaded Modules\' folder.

ohhhhh.... okay im gonna do that :) ty

ohhhhh.... okay im gonna do that :) ty

Static Leaderheads which turns BtS leaders to static pictures. The module is located in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Unloaded Modules\' folder.
that does not work for me. It gives a run time error when loading a .sav

Top Bottom