Most Nukes Ever Launched in a Game?

ElMikkino

Warlord
What's the most number of nukes launched by everyone combined in one of your games? In my most recent one, I launched 10 or 11, Stalin launched 4 or 5, Louis XIV launched 2, Justinian I launched 2, and I think Brennus launched one, for a total of 18-21 nukes launched. I won by space race in that game, by the way.

I had a game where ragnar had the entire world as vassals except me obviously. I was alone on a decent content and was going for a space win. But ragnar keept declearing war on me and delayed my space building. He was never any real threat since I had a solid naval force but he was still damm annoying so in the end I changed all producion from building space ship parts to building nukes. Think I made around 100 nukes that I than launched on every single city on the map except mine and the bigger citys got 2 nukes on them. Around 1/3 of the worlds population died that turn:devil:. After that I finished my space ship and leaft the deserted world.

Last game I played on earth18 I was rome and conquered all of Eurasia+Africa but domination was turned off, focused all of the production of my empire on nukes. Launched about 120 in one turn and then sent transports full of mech infantry in and burned every city in the Americas.

Launch in pairs of 3 or 5 for maximum effectiveness. No need to repeat.

I don't really have a trigger finger for the nukes... I have only ever used them twice in the game. So, the most I have ever launched is three in one game.

I usually have a large stack of nukes sitting around, just incase I ever get dragged into a war I really don't want to be in.

I made the mistake in one of game not building a huge stockpile before blowing up the world - started my world war with about 12 nukes. At first I was able to turn out 8-10 nukes every three turns or so, but as Global Warming spread it got harder and harder, until I was lucky to have a nuke made every 15 turns or so. Eventually most all of my cities, which had never seen battle thanks to my constant preemptive nuclear strikes, went from size twenty metropolises to meager 2-3 pop villages as all the food tiles on Earth turned to useless sand. By the end of that game the largest city still left was size Eight, and only because it had so many clam resources to keep itself fed. I still won the game, mostly because after the dust settled my army wasn't the one that got nuked. I'd guess I launched close to two hundred nukes, but I'll admit I lost count. I regret that I never saved a screenshot.

Screenshots attached at the bottom of this post. They are: End game summary, Score graph, and Power graph.
This was Monarch, Normal speed, Standard map size.

I just finished a game in which I launched about 300 nukes. I started the war with 200, and launched about 150 of those on the first turn of war, then nuked my way to a win. I started on one continent, wiped out Sitting Bull with Tanks, then Isabella with Modern Armor. I formed a Permanent Alliance with Washington. Then, I built my nuclear stockpile (my citizens complained to me about it, but I just ignored them). With my nukes, I took out an entire continent with three civilizations on it (Frederick, Justinian, and Montezuma). Both Justinian and Montezuma vassaled to Frederick during the war. My cities had 30 :mad: during the war due to the nukes, so my economy was crippled, but that didn't really matter anyway.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 12.26.43 am.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 12.26.43 am.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 857
  • Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 12.27.22 am.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 12.27.22 am.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 748
  • Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 12.27.38 am.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-12-21 at 12.27.38 am.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 656
-838g a turn w/o anything going. impressive!

Haha I never seem to use nukes. I have occasionally built some when another civ builds the manhattan project just incase I get nuked. Most ever launched in a game was 4 though, destroying a couple of the enemies stacks to make taking some cities easier. I've considered going nuts with them in a few games but held back because I wasn't sure if I'd need all that land. Covering cities I plan on keeping with fallout is counter-productive :p

Haha I never seem to use nukes. I have occasionally built some when another civ builds the manhattan project just incase I get nuked. Most ever launched in a game was 4 though, destroying a couple of the enemies stacks to make taking some cities easier. I've considered going nuts with them in a few games but held back because I wasn't sure if I'd need all that land. Covering cities I plan on keeping with fallout is counter-productive :p

Just move in a ton of workers then. They should be cheap by the time you can build nukes. I use nukes to wipe out a civilization as quickly as possible, either by using Marines to take the coastal cities afterward, or with Tanks by plowing through inland cities quickly.

Just move in a ton of workers then. They should be cheap by the time you can build nukes. I use nukes to wipe out a civilization as quickly as possible, either by using Marines to take the coastal cities afterward, or with Tanks by plowing through inland cities quickly.

True, I could do that. But I feel like I can take all those hammers from building extra nukes to launch and workers and just build up a navy/army and take out the cities anyway :D

The ais never launch nukes idk why, probably because I build them faster before they get a chance and then do the *No Nukes Vote!*. so any way the most was 230.

The ais never launch nukes idk why, probably because I build them faster before they get a chance and then do the *No Nukes Vote!*. so any way the most was 230.

In my game, the AI nuked me plenty of times. They had way more submarines than I did and had them surrounding my continent, so when I attacked them, they hit back some of my own cities. It didn't affect e as much as it did them, but it was still pretty significant. Luckily I had more nukes than them.

AI used nuke subs against you? I've never seen it do that.

in one of my recent games, I was really far ahead in techs and was able to build nukes before other AIs could. So after I built about 7 or 8 of them, Hannibal (who was my Buddhist neighbor) apparently bribed three other Buddhist nations to join him in a holy war against me. It suprised me, and it kinda pissed me off so I proceeded to nuke the hell out of him and take his cities with my somewhat-more advanced units. But, Isabella had apparently built some nukes of her own, and nuked some of my cities. So me and Izzy had a huge nuclear war, I'm guessing about 15 or so nukes were exchanged between us before we made peace. Right after the war, though, everyone voted to ban nuclear weapons, so I didn't really get to build more. :mad:

AI used nuke subs against you? I've never seen it do that.

It usually uses missile cruisers.

My record is well over 200 on a standard map. I can't imagine what would happen if I resorted to them on huge.

I remeber a game where it was me and Saladan (forget who I was) on a content map. I declared war on him and launched about 15 nukes or so. But then Saladin launched about maybe 20 tactical nukes or so. It started when my vassile (through independance) refused one of my rediculous demands. I launched about 20 nukes at him. But Salidan conquered me. I was still in the game thanks to worldbulder (I bulit myself a paridise(which was quickly lost due to global warming) and stayed in the game). It was on BTS BTW.

I think I used about 75 nukes against Spain's eight cities, and then I went on and razed all of them, leaving nothing behind but charred ruins and radioactive fallout.

I hate Isabella that much.

Top Bottom