Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - General Discussions

Old Feb 24, 2010, 07:59 AM   #1
cephalo
Emperor

How should modding Civ5 be different than 4?

One thing I would like to see changed is how multiplayer is implimented. Rather than try to keep everything in sync, I would like one computer running the game and the others act as slaves. OOS errors have been a huge problem with many mods. For someone who's learning to mod, that's a huge complication.

Also, I would really like to see some more documentation this time. You can do almost anything with Civ4, but it took the community years to really become fluent emough to have that kind of control.

PerfectWorldDF world creator for Dwarf Fortress ------ FaireWeather.py for Colonization
PerfectWorld.py Map script for Civ4/Warlords/BtS --- Gross National Happiness Mod for BtS
Creation.py Map script for Fall from Heaven 2
SpiralGalaxy.py Map script for Final Frontier
cephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:59 AM   #2
cyther
Lord of the Dance

I'd like to see more things removed from the .exe. Firaxis was really good to us with BtS and everything but there were still some annoying things that we couldn't get to. Ex. clouds, the start menu...

Anyways, I'd be content with keeping it pretty much the same with the earliest release of the source code as possible. The earlier we have the core, the more heavy coding can be done.

"*Applause.* Aye, there you go! The floor is yours! Please, don't hurt anyone. Too much. Unless it'd be funny."-KillerClowns
cyther is offline   Reply With Quote