watch out Eastern Europe, Germany is poised to strike again!

scherbchen

well that can´t be good
That link didn't work for me but I watched it elsewhere. I have to say I'm afraid I don't think much of it: the lyrics are abysmal, her English accent isn't good enough to deliver them convincingly, and she seems generally pretty unsure of herself and awkward. However, these things are generally not considered disadvantages in the Eurovision Song Contest!

her accent really is strange, but it doesn't strike me as typically german :hmm:

anyway, you got the 'advantage' that you're in the final in any case....switzerland certainly won't make it...not with this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO8cROQadck

so maybe east europe really did deserve the prizes because their music was just better, more popular. Since even Germans and Swiss don't like their countries submissions :p Won't find that in east europe.

I think Ovi hit it on the head, it's not that her accent is so genuine British merely that it is so un-German. I kinda like it myself.

Singing didn't seem to be her strong suit and teh song itself seemed to waver between what genre it was trying to be part of. She was cute though, knocked knees and all.

so maybe east europe really did deserve the prizes because their music was just better, more popular. Since even Germans and Swiss don't like their countries submissions :p Won't find that in east europe.

we're just more critical of ourselves :p

in recent years switzerland sent mediocre songs and was beaten soundly by mediocre eastern european songs....so now they decided to switch strategies and send a atrocious song to undermine them :mwaha:

I think Ovi hit it on the head, it's not that her accent is so genuine British merely that it is so un-German. I kinda like it myself.
yeah, I absolutely can't place her accent, if I did know nothing about here I'd have no idea where she comes from from her accent.

we're just more critical of ourselves :p

in recent years switzerland sent mediocre songs and was beaten soundly by mediocre eastern european songs....so now they decided to switch strategies and send a atrocious song to undermine them :mwaha:

yeah, I absolutely can't place her accent, if I did know nothing about here I'd have no idea where she comes from from her accent.

lol I heard that was the sentiment, that Eurovision is pointless so lets send in a joke. While the east europeans will continue to consider this contest an issue of national pride. Exept after Dima Bilan's win there wasn't really much more national pride. That 2009 winner, Alexander, was much more popular and his song played constantly on radio waves.

It was a revelation to me when I learned that people in other countries take Eurovision seriously. The British certainly don't - it is regarded as an immense cheese-fest, to be enjoyed (if at all) in a drunken state, and primarily of interest to those who like show tunes and handbags. It was always narrated by Terry Wogan, in tones of cynical detachment that were clearly fuelled by more and more alcohol as the evening wore on; unfortunately he started taking it too seriously and got annoyed at all the reciprocal voting between the different cliques of countries (Balkans all voting for each other, Scandinavians voting for each other, etc.) and quit. Now it is narrated by Graham Norton, who is good, but it's not the same.

This is why the British never win, because any artist who's any good would never enter Eurovision. Although I seem to remember thinking that the British entry last year was surprisingly decent, but it didn't do very well all the same.

nobody around here took it seriously either since a couple of years ago when it was revived in the German media as a bit of a corny joke and it just stuck somehow.

This is why the British never win, because any artist who's any good would never enter Eurovision. Although I seem to remember thinking that the British entry last year was surprisingly decent, but it didn't do very well all the same.
nah, I don't think the British would win even if they did send a serious contestant ;)

But you're right about the rest, there really are many people around here who still take it seriously, and get annoyed every year when we don't make it into the finals (as usual).

there's however a growing number of people who view it like the British . For me it started when Germany started to officially take it not seriously (before that I rarely, watched it), and sent Guildo Horn to compete :lol:

She looks Eastern European, thats main plus.

there's however a growing number of people who view it like the British . For me it started when Germany started to officially take it not seriously (before that I rarely, watched it), and sent Guildo Horn to compete :lol:

yeah that's a part of the corny joke thing I was referring to :D

Top Bottom