[April Fools] Civilization V Extreme Diplomacy Game Mode Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
2K Games today announced a new game mode that will be included in the upcoming "Civilization V" sequel called Extreme Diplomacy, which allows two world leaders to enter a death match fight if normal diplomacy fails.

Two world leaders enter; one world leader leaves. The victor will obtain complete control of the challenger's world empire.

An Uber Edition of Sid Meier’s Civilization V will include an optional eight-button joystick to bring the classic fighting arcade game feel to these Extreme Diplomacy battles. Additionally, each world leader will have unique special attacks and finishing moves, including:
  • George Washington's Uncle Slam Attack
  • Oda Nobunaga's Tsunami Train Attack
  • Otto von Bismarck's Hurricane Helmet Spike Attack
  • Ramesses II's Phalanx of the Leopard Army
  • Montezuma's Revenge of the Aztec Army
  • Napoleon's Complex Military Strike
In addition to the introduction of hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire, Extreme Diplomacy gives Sid Meier’s Civilization V players yet another way to take over empires and conquer the world.

It's ###TIME REMOVED FOR SECURITY, BUT LATE### here! You were a little late.

Kinda reminds me of in All Quiet when the main characters are disusing why they're fighting. One of them suggests that when war is declared, that they put all the Kings and their ministers in to a field, strip them to their underwear, and lets them fight it out with clubs.

• George Washington's Uncle Slam Attack
  • Oda Nobunaga's Tsunami Train Attack
  • Otto von Bismarck's Hurricane Helmet Spike Attack
  • Ramesses II's Phalanx of the Leopard Army
  • Montezuma's Revenge of the Aztec Army
  • Napoleon's Complex Military Strike

Most of these are priceless.:goodjob:

Nice April Fool's Joke. :p

Excellent, I can 't tell you how many times I've wanted to choke one of those AI's...

Haha, I'm loving the "We the people" :lol:

Well as funny as this is, it serves a useful purpose. Unless I'm mistaken, this is this first we have actually seen Oda.

Why can't more game companies be like Valve and actually make the awesome stuff they announce on April Fool's Day?

i cant believe game companies would waste money and manpower to make something for April fools.. those could have been better elsewhere.

i cant believe game companies would waste money and manpower to make something for April fools.. those could have been better elsewhere.
Lots of sites reported it, so I would say it was time and money well spent for the amount of exposure it generated for the game. It likely cost them very little to make that screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom