MoFA - Spotlight Discussion #3 - Azteca

FortyJ

Deity
I hadn't planned to do this one this early, but SaaM's suggestion made me reconsider.

Once again, the purpose of this discussion is to assist this ministry in developing a cohesive foreign policy towards our fellow civilizations.

The spotlight turns towards Azteca. We just signed a peace treaty with them after our successful military campaign from which we acquired many valuable techs, the Great Library, several cities and access to two new luxuries. We have no embassy established as of yet and their unique unit is quite obsolete. Their greatest threat is likely in the way of culture flipping, although because their cities are so small, one can argue this is somewhat unlikely.

Code:
[u]Civ[/u]			[u]Embassy[/u]		[u]Diplomatic Status[/u]
Azteca			27g		Peace ([color=red]Furious[/color])

For simplicity's sake, I suggest we attempt to categorize our official policy in one of the following ways:
  • Gracious Ally - These nations are considered our most trustworthy allies. All trades are generally accepted and sometimes gifts are exchanged. We would gladly come to this nation's aid in a time of need.
  • Trading Partner - Practically all proposed deals are accepted. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Friend - Generally favorable opinion. Most trades are accepted unless not in our best interests. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Rival - Generally unfavorable opinion, but publicly treated as a Friend. Most trades are accepted unless not in our best interests. Alliances, MPPs, and Embargoes with this nation will not be accepted, and those against must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Foe - Generally unliked. Technologies are not proferred to this nation and most trade deals would be rejected unless we clearly benefit more. Embargoes are our prefered weapon against these nations, and Alliances and MPPs against this nation must be discussed in the forums prior to signing.
  • Hated Enemy - As the name implies, these nations would be our most hated enemies. No trades are offered or accepted. We would actively seek to establish Trade Embargoes against these nations whenever possible and all out war is preferred to peace.

We should have the Aztecs on the Foe level. Since they pose a significant Culture flip threat. If we build enough temples there Culture filips would be unlikely :).

Adnouncer: Now say it with me, Hated Enemy.

Cartman: Hated Enemy.

Adnouncer: Hated Enemy!

Cartman: Hated Enemy! The Aztecs are our Hated Enemies.

Can anyone say Azteca toast? With Jam?

The Aztecs are Foes. They were a spreading religious, rowdy but polite tribe who loved chocolate. They were in our way. We precluded their future existance with military manuevers which, while costly to us, were devastating to them. They now sit in their last humble refuge of a home eating chocolate and wondering what happened. We happened. The big bad Fanatikans. We rule their world now and I refuse to hate a tribe that we can extinquish at will. I would even go so far as to help them develop if I could trustthem. But they would probably multiply like rabbits and spread like cockroaches, eventually turning on us.
So what do we have to fear or hate about the Aztecs? I say rate them as a Foe.

We need another category: Beloved Pet. ;)

I think we should make Azteca a Fanatikan Protectorate (just for fun).

Originally posted by donsig
We need another category: Beloved Pet. ;)

I think we should make Azteca a Fanatikan Protectorate (just for fun).

:)

If it were my game, I'd keep them around until they irked me one last (and fatal) time, but i'm apparently in the minority.

I'd treat them as Foe's since under the definitions above, as hated enemies we should be building trade embargoes against them.

That is exactly what we don't want. We very much want the Aztec to trade and learn...so that we can forcably take that knowledge and gold when the time is right.

Our poor, misguided neighbors to the south. Even though some of us, myself included, are willing to treat you as a "beloved pet" or some kind of protectorate, there are others who would consider you their worst enemy. It does seem that the general consensus is to consider this nation a Fanatikan Foe.

Of course, this discussion will remain open and as time passes, we may change our minds...

Hated Enemy- I think we should've just killed them outright in the first place and gotten the techs from the GL. I hope we can finish them off before they have a chance to rebuild.

Hated enemy. Wipe them off of the face of the earth. We should never have agreed to peace. I mean damn, what were you people thinking? lol. Seriously though, if we kill them, tech research is faster, and we dont need to worry about culture flips.

Top Bottom