Classic old games

Kyriakos

Creator
I remember a lot of games, mostly from my Amiga 500 :)

Here are a few:

Mega lo mania

Utopia

Simon the Sorcerer (came in 7 disks...)

Cruise for a corpse (my first adventure game)

Lure of the temptress

Of course Civ1 was something i played to death :)

And you? Which old games are you fond of? :)

I wasn't PC gaming until about 2000s.

On my Apple IIe, I remember playing a special edition of Empire quite a lot. And games like Bard's Tale Trilogy, etc...

You should probably edit out that link as "abandonware" is not legal on CFC.

I was a bit late but I played most of them during the years 1998 - 2003. I was always stuck on old hardware while most other people had the powerful stuff. I did have an Amiga 500 but my family sold it in 1994 or something :(

Many games I also got from the Underdogs when I was at school.

IK+

Giana Sisters

Bigtop Barney

Tai Pan

Jones in the Fast Lane.

4D Stunt Cars.

Secret Agent Mission (SAM).

Some games I had from the TRS-80 (not all inclusive):

Spoiler :

Zaxxon

Pooyan (loved this game!)

Klendathu (although, I thought it was under another name, or maybe it was a combo-cartridge with a chopper game where you shoot out fires. Was Klendathu the game where it would say "Nyah, nyah, nyah na! We gotttttt youuuuuuuuu!!!!!"?)

Dallas Quest (never could get past that stampede when the thunderstorm came...)

One on One (Didn't care for it much other than trying to make the glass break).

Outhouse (Don't know, but this one was funny at the time)

Sea Dragon

The Factory (my friend had this game for the Apple ][e)

Dungeons of Daggeroth (my dad liked this one)

Lunar Rover! (couldn't get past this one double jump in the later stages)

Buzzard Bait (I had the one where the pterodactyl made a sound)

War Kings (another favorite. Best round was when a cannonball bounced around my "castle" a dozen times, scraping the king in the process. I think I eventually won that game.)

Ninja Warrior (I think there was a double jump with a bonfire in the middle that I could never get past. Obviously, my hand-eye coordination wasn't developed yet between 5-8). Granted, the graphics are a bit bigger than what I remember, unless I had another version.

Crystle Castles

Color Baseball (this game had a bug where you could touch the pitcher's mound and the runner would be out)

Dancing Devil(/Demon) (never quite got the purpose of that game. I guess it was the first "Dance Dance Revolution" game for its' time)

Fire Copter

Not pictured was a quiz "game" where you write your questions then answer them, and an action-RPG game that I can't think of the name of. I do remember there being this "invisibility cloak" that was a trapizoid shaped character with a blinking triangle in the middle. It had really simple graphics compared to some TRS-80 games (think a "t" for a sword and an "§" for a snake.).

I wasn't PC gaming until about 2000s.

On my Apple IIe, I remember playing a special edition of Empire quite a lot. And games like Bard's Tale Trilogy, etc...

Actually, now I remember playing a lot of VGA Planets 3rd edition in the 90s.

I still remember my first two videogames which were not educational/preschool level games (e.g. Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo, Freddie Fish, etc.)

Railroad Tycoon 2 and SimCity 2000. Played 'em both to death, and still regret no longer having either of them anymore now and then.

Insert the obligatory 2D Sonic games here.

I enjoy several of them(indeed, here's a twist: I'm saddened when next gen people don't know what Green Hill is), though you've all seen how I seek to rip apart those who worship them as the pinnacle of gaming.

Cruise for a Corpse and Mega-lo-Mania? You rock good sir.

Games like Simon the Sorcerer and Prince of Persia are actually available now on the iphone which I took great pleasure in finding out.

The obligatory addition to any classic games list, Elite 2

Carrier Command

NES Open Golf

Maniac Mansion

Good times.....

I played Pacman with my friend (the old one, which finishes the game when you eat the last dot).

Top Bottom