I would let Denzel Washington stick it in me!

JohnRM

Don't make me destroy you
Okay, jk, but seriously he is the best actor ever!

Who is yours?

Either Johnny Depp or Russell Crowe.

Or a Classic. Arnie.

I'm going to go for the mildly obscure here, and say Peter Stormare. You've probably never heard of him, but chances are that you've seen him somewhere. He plays a good sleazy European.

I am always bothered by the fact that most everyone goes for actor first and actress second. the first may be gouty, fat, old, ugly as long as they can act. the latter are pretty and sexy first of all and a vote for good acting comes once for every 10 votes cast for men. makes all of us seem somewhat bi-curious tbh. not a bad thing but you never see somebody going apepoo over Helen Mirren.

having said that I'd go for Martin Sheen, David Tennant and Steven Weber.

I am always bothered by the fact that most everyone goes for actor first and actress second. the first may be gouty, fat, old, ugly as long as they can act. the latter are pretty and sexy first of all and a vote for good acting comes once for every 10 votes cast for men. makes all of us seem somewhat bi-curious tbh. not a bad thing but you never see somebody going apepoo over Helen Mirren.
True, but, in all fairness, you often have to work with what Hollywood chooses to inflict upon you, and, in the case of women, looks seem to be as important as talent. As much as anything else, the very fact that this bias exists means that most women who get into acting tend to be at least somewhat attractive, so there simply aren't that many ugly female actors around to chose from in the first place. Vicious cycle there, sadly.

I don't think that I chose an 'actor' because of any bi-curious nonsense. It is probably because when I watch movies, I live a fantasy in a way and my favorite characters are people that I want to be rather than people I want to bang. I like people like Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis, because they play characters whom I'd like to be, in real life.

On the other hand, I pay a great deal less attention to actors than actresses... :)

Samuel L Jackson is a fine actor and has been in many good movies.
"PULP FICTION! THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!"

Seriously, Denzel is very likely my favourite current actor. I'm also quite partial to Michael Caine - when he cares about the role - John Malkovitch and Kevin Spacey. as for actresses, Annette Benning and Julia Stiles are quite talented.

Never figured out what was so great about Denzel Washington, I always find him boring and dry.

Will Smith is my favorite actor hands down, he's just awesome.

I'd like to mention the Kiwi actor Martin Csokas. When he played Celeborn in LOTR, he had that odd, slowspeak thing going. But now that I've seen him elsewhere - Kingdom of Heaven, Bourne Supremacy, etc. - I see that's just how he talks. He plays a pretty good bad guy.

I wouldn't let him stick it in me, though.

Maybe Angelina Jolie.

Will Smith is my favorite actor hands down, he's just awesome.

I don't get people who say that. Doesn't Will Smith pretty much play the same guy in every movie he stars in?

I guess if you're into that sort of character, then he can be your favourite, but we're talking about the best actor.. and a good actor should have a wide range of characters he can portray. Will Smith appears to have a really limited range in that regard.

I don't know that Will Smith has a limited range so much as preferred role that he goes for. His early work on Fresh Prince was nothing like what he's done in the movies. I once heard an interview with him where he said when he was breaking into movies that he looked around, and movies with a lot of special effects tend to make a lot of money. So he targeted that type of movie for himself. Within that type of movie, I don't think he was playing the same character. But there were certainly similarities in a number of them.

I don't get people who say that. Doesn't Will Smith pretty much play the same guy in every movie he stars in?

I guess if you're into that sort of character, then he can be your favourite, but we're talking about the best actor.. and a good actor should have a wide range of characters he can portray. Will Smith appears to have a really limited range in that regard.

well there is a difference between playing one character and playing one character very well. who is to say that having a wide range is required of a good actor? you should ask about which actor is the most versatile then.

Alan Rickman is certainly a fine and very enjoyable actor but he only gets to play villains most of the time in big movies. I am pretty certain he can do more than that but you have to blame his agent, the producers and the audience's expections as well. now he makes a good villain. he gets casted as a villain again and again because he makes a good villain. is there a magic threshhold at which his acting capacities dissolve?

it is like saying Luc Besson is a bad actor because he only ever plays French characters.

Top Bottom