I Was Robbed!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardnaar

Deity
Yep being serious here. Wife comes in from out back. We have a freezer outside in the laundry. She asks "wheres the meat". I thought she had transfered it to the other freezer.

I go outside and our freezer is essentially empty. A loaf of bread and some homemade soup was all that was left. Around 5-10kg of chicken breast and beef was missing. Probably a months worth of meat. Someone stole my food!!!!!!

To make matters worse I can't afford to replace it. Hell we have been making homemade vegetable soup- that was dinner last night with toast. We only by meat about once a month when its on special for around half price and I we stock up on it. We done the groceries today with the intention of using the food in the freezer for the week. The menu for the rest of the week is going to be rice, bread and hot soup sewrved on the rice. Ovens been broken for the last 2 weeks as well and is getting fixed this week so it would have been nice to have something to eat that wasn't microwaved.

Out of all the dumb things for someone to steal. I'm living on about 1/3rd of the American poverty line ATM.

Opened the freezer and ate frozen meat including the plastic bags and packaging?

Why would anyone break into your home and steal food?

Sorry to hear man. :( Hope you find some way to get by.

Do you collect food stamps? I'd collect them if you don't just to help provide coverage in this kind of situation.

Furthermore, clearly you need to move your freezer inside to prevent this from happening again. I understand if you lack the space, however.

It might be a bit embarrassing, but perhaps you could go to a soup kitchen if you run low on food before the next paycheck? Nothing is below your dignity when survival is part of it.

This does establish the merits of food rationing, however, to ensure you have money left over to get more food in the event of any loss/accident.

probably a dog or some other animal.

...animals can open freezers? :huh:

Maybe if it was an anthro animal, I'd understand. :lol:

Why would anyone break into your home and steal food?

Starving people steal food.

...though robbing the poor is just sick, no matter what your cause is. I can understand being a modern Robin Hood, but stealing from the poor is just the worst case of survival instincts.

Get a padlock for the freezer.

I'm a student and in effect on the welfare system. Its less than half the average wage here and less than 1/3rd of the US poverty rate. Its enough if you're careful with money but it doesn't help when things like this happen. You can't really go and ask for extra because someone steals your food. Most of what is left can't be cooked because the oven is broken and its taking forever to get fixed. I'll live on bread and soup and sandwiches for a week, but its the girls who are worried about strangers around the house.

You can find some vegetarian recipes on the internet. Vegetarians claim that kind of food is just as good as meat, although I highly doubt it. But if you don't have any meat, you have nothing to lose.

I'm a student and in effect on the welfare system. Its less than half the average wage here and less than 1/3rd of the US poverty rate. Its enough if you're careful with money but it doesn't help when things like this happen. You can't really go and ask for extra because someone steals your food. Most of what is left can't be cooked because the oven is broken and its taking forever to get fixed.

Your legal system is based on the English system. Go and report the crime to the police and you should get some kind of compensation or emergency loan if you need it.

You have one of those houses where the laundry room is accessed from the back of the home in its own room ? Cant you fit 10kilos into the freezer section of the fridge ?

Chicken breast is nice but expensive suggest buying cheaper cuts like thighs, drumsticks which take some time to prepare but much more economical. Iam always buying discounted meats at the supermarket. Slightly small and cracked but intact eggs are always a good buy given how cheap they go for. Though Iam partial to smoked salmon

Try curry's excellent with rice, roast potatoes with cheeses, homemade galic bread, Spagetti with fresh herbs. Chilli Ramen all good eats for those with small budgets.

Yeah just do the REPUBLICAN THING and go dumpster diving.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, dude. I don't know what else to say about that.

I get robbed by the government every April.

Maybe it's just the fact that English is not my native language, but I always assumed "robbing" implies violence... doesn't it? The thread title was more than a bit misleading for me. Actually, now I'm curious to know if I've been living with a misconception about this word all along! :scared:

Maybe it's just the fact that English is not my native language, but I always assumed "robbing" implies violence... doesn't it? The thread title was more than a bit misleading for me. Actually, now I'm curious to know if I've been living with a misconception about this word all along! :scared:

You're right. I think the correct word is burgled, but since I have manners I haven't mentioned it for these supposed English speakers. :)

They mentioned it on the third watch, 5-6 years ago. Still remember it.

You're right. I think the correct word is burgled, but since I have manners I haven't mentioned it for these supposed English speakers. :)

They mentioned it on the third watch, 5-6 years ago. Still remember it.

I have never heard the term burgled before. It sounds funny, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom