Any way to get rid of reetirement year?

hutch4968

Chieftain
Is there any way to either reset the retirement year or even shut it off? I have version 1.29f. I hate getting my civ built up and then having to retire!

Thanks
Ed

Well, in the scenario, you can make it so you can play by months and weeks, that should slow it down enough.

Actually, changing it to months and weeks has no effect on how long the game plays. The game length is dictated by the number of turns, whether each turn is called a month, a week, or a year. I don't have the editor here at work, but I'm pretty sure you can set the # of turns to a higher number. That will lengthen the game.

You can set it to 1000 turns which will nearly double the length of the game.

Isn't their also a way to change the number turns in the game without using the editor? I thought I saw something for that on one of the setup screens.

Yup, all you do is click the "game limits" button on the setup screen, and you can have as many turns as you want in the game.

I thought you have to have PTW to set the number of turns. Hutch has version 1.29f.

Originally posted by willj
I thought you have to have PTW to set the number of turns. Hutch has version 1.29f.

Whoops. Sorry, didnt see that.

Top Bottom