The Long Delayed PBEM

Lanzelot

This started out as "Small sized PBEM", then continued as "Hess1 PBEM", was abandoned, again taken up in "Hess1 PBEM", and now finally I will be your host and try to make it leave the ground...

Settings:
Size: Standard
Type: Continents, 60% Water
Climate: Warm, wet, 3 Billion years
Accelerated production
Barbarians: Off(?)
Difficulty: Regent(?)
CivAssistII allowed. Once the game gets into the Industrial Age, it is forbidden to use the "World Map" feature, as this may disclose the location of hidden enemy units (submarines).

Participants:
  1. Lanzelot -- The Netherlands
  2. Cyc -- Persia --> Turn 56: Eclipse4449 replaces Cyc
  3. Scratcher -- Iroquois
  4. Bowsling -- Ottomania
  5. Calis -- Byzantium

Scratcher and Bowsling, can you PM me your email?
Barbarians and difficulty level ok? I've played a lot of games with raging barbs lately, so I'd like something different for a change. Regent will make the research a bit faster.

Lanzelot

I'm fine with everything, but I need Bowsling's email.

Lanzelot,

I have pm'ed my details to you. Could I play the Iroquois instead of Sumeria?

Having never played accelerated production, what's the difference to a normal game?

Scratcher

Half pruduction cost for everything and the food bin is half as big (double growth speed of towns).

Could I play the Iroquois instead of Sumeria?

Ok.
I've also switched you and Bowsling, hoping that by the time the turn gets to Bowsling, I will have his contact information. (I could have switched Bowsling to #5, but I think it makes sense to have Calis and me directly following each other, as we are in the same time zone.

Will send the first turn out to Cyc shortly, and will send a "welcome message" out to everybody, once I have Bowsling's address.

Please note: as this is a random map, I think we should follow the same policy as in the CHEBA game: if anybody is not happy with his start area, please let us know within the first 5 turns, and we will roll a new map!

Have fun everybody and let's hope for an interesting and challenging game :goodjob:

Lanzelot

Amsterdam is founded on a quite hilly coast. Looks a bit barren at first, but on second look deers appear in the distant forests, so it's not that bad. The start is fine with me.

GPS to Cyc, T000a

Luckily, we are industrious lads.....

gps to Scratcher

Good idea, Bowsling. :)

gps to Scratcher.

Hi I'm a long time friend of Eclipse having played many games with him but never threw these types of groups but he suggested I should.

Lol he sent me an email with all kinds of links on it and since I have the time now I thought I'd give them a look

I see this game has started but was advised to claim I was available to play if someone could not
enjoy
Natuland

Top Bottom