Sid Meier's Civilization V Day

Now that's what I call game advertisement! 2k taking it to the next level! That also shows how our (U.S.) government works, give someone in power enough money, and you can do/get anything! Power to the corporations!! Err I mean people!! **Raises fist in the air**

Ok everybody. If anyone asks why you're not at work on the 21st. You're celebrating an important holiday recognized by the state of Maryland.

Is the game coming out sept 21st?

Yeah, this is just taking things too far. Yes, celebrate a computer gaming pioneer and legend, Sid Meier, but a GAME? :rolleyes:

I am an American and I just went: "Americans... sigh" in my head. With an added lol :)

So yea either the Gov is a civ fan that just finished installing the latest build from Firaxis...

or some campaign contributions have been made.

Edit: ok it wouldnt be fair to not say that I think it's cool too!
must be brainwashed by consumerism.

psst governor, we heard you were a civ fan, how about we give you an early copy in exchange for a Civ V holiday on September 21st?

I am an American and I just went: "Americans... sigh" in my head. With an added lol :)

So yea either the Gov is a civ fan that just finished installing the latest build from Firaxis...

or some campaign contributions have been made.

Edit: ok it wouldnt be fair to not say that I think it's cool too!
must be brainwashed by consumerism.

small states often do these types of corny things. They weird things for other industries too, why not civ? Didn't Topeka rename their city Google for a day or so?

It's not just small states. California (among others) had a "Guided by Voices" Day.
I doubt any of those governors actually listen to them. He(ck), I bet they never even downloaded any of their singles.

Whoddya mean "Americans... sigh"!? If I was the President of Finland, we'd have a Civilization V day here as well! I think it's an awesome idea.

Top Bottom