Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

That's the point of the svartalfar elves, they are a ba recon focused civ and the ljosalfar are archery unit focused(they get a pretty good buff for all archers and they get a special marksman with blitz)...

Yes,I know.:)Is it just me looks the town with two appearance?If so perhaps I need to reinstall the game.And the promotion "froest stealth" can't be seen by hawks is really not a bug?:confused:

Primarily because it's not an option I or the rest of the team plays, and so isn't supported actively.

I mainly select End of Winter for the flavor, not because I expect it to have a significant effect on the outcome of the game. It's fun watching the world warm up and discovering the terrain you have to deal with. But if the world's going to remain frozen for most of the game, then it's probably an option I won't use going forward, tbh.

Yes,I know.:)Is it just me looks the town with two appearance?If so perhaps I need to reinstall the game.And the promotion "froest stealth" can't be seen by hawks is really not a bug?:confused:

It looks like that to me to, but then I've never really looked that closely at city graphics so for all I know that could be what my cities look like too...

Hawks can only detect animal stealth but eyeballs should work against them.

It looks like that to me to, but then I've never really looked that closely at city graphics so for all I know that could be what my cities look like too...

Hawks can only detect animal stealth but eyeballs should work against them.

Eyeballs didn't work at all in my game:cry:(It works on D'tesh's recon units but has no effect on "froest stealth")

Yeah, we'll have to fix that gameoption at some point.

For what it's worth, I don't remember it being like this in Fall Further, despite the "Extended" End of Winter option and my playing on a Huge map.

Is it possible that one of the other map or game options I selected affected how End of Winter operates? I was just playing a Huge Tectonics Earthlike (70% water) map with normal Aridity.

Eyeballs didn't work at all in my game:cry:(It works on D'tesh's recon units but has no effect on "froest stealth")

How didn't it work? Was the spell completely gone or does it just not do anything? You might want to try reinstalling RiFE from scratch if your having those kind of issues(or if that doesn't work you can try reinstalling Civ IV). I remember having an issue like this with ffh2 and that worked for me.

edit: Are you sure they were in line of sight of the eyeball when it did a recon sweep?

How didn't it work? Was the spell completely gone or does it just not do anything? You might want to try reinstalling RiFE from scratch if your having those kind of issues(or if that doesn't work you can try reinstalling Civ IV). I remember having an issue like this with ffh2 and that worked for me.

edit: Are you sure they were in line of sight of the eyeball when it did a recon sweep?

Of course I'm sure.In my game the eyeball detects most hidden units.I just know there's a ranger in forest next to me by WB.And then I use the spell only find a hidden spider but no Svartalfar's recon units.
Perhaps I need to reinstall it- -

About the appearance of their town,finally I think it may be a texture mix bug after I replace all related "szBatchGroup:buildings_med_eu" with "szBatchGroup:buildings_med svartalfar/svartalfar(or ljos)" in CIV4PlotLSystem.xml.Now it looks right:)

Attachments

• CIV4PlotLSystem.txt
    498.7 KB · Views: 39
Of course I'm sure.In my game the eyeball detects most hidden units.I just know there's a ranger in forest next to me by WB.And then I use the spell only find a hidden spider but no Svartalfar's recon units.
Perhaps I need to reinstall it- -

Hawks should definitely be able to see them(it worked in my last game with the svarts), so its probably....

Nox Noctis?

:mischief:If they are inside their borders when you look for them.

About the appearance of their town,finally I think it may be a texture mix bug after I replace all related "szBatchGroup:buildings_med_eu" with "szBatchGroup:buildings_med svartalfar/svartalfar(or ljos)" in CIV4PlotLSystem.xml.Now it looks right:)

thanks for that, i did the complete merge of the graphic things a while ago and never got quite the courage to recheck it

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn: just hit "Enter."

Incidentally, you'll also see the persistence of the snow and ice from the End of Winter option that I mentioned in an earlier post (this save is from Turn 521), although I very much doubt that has anything to do with the crash.

I had a funny experience with end of winter earlier, I decided to give it a try in one game, so I checked the box, but in that game it was decidedly not the end of winter. In my next game, I unchecked the box, and in that game it suddenly was the end of winter, and it did what you describe, where even turn 500 most of the world was still ice. No idea what had caused that. I did a 'play now' after updating and all that, and now I'm doing another play now to clear the end of winter thing.

The option doesn't scale properly on larger maps, and the warming effect ends by around turn 200. Net result is that much of the world remains ice on larger maps.

Maybe an announcement like this should be stickied :p A lot of people seem to wonder about it.

You can't build the Ride of the Nine Kings with nightmares.

edit: The top 5 cities screen also seems to have a glitch.:mischief:

I literally have 3 times their pop, two holy cities(they have one), and 3 times as many wonders. So the only thing they would have more of is culture, which is a pretty ******ed thing to judge top cities on by itself.

Attachments

• HyboremTopCities.jpg
    HyboremTopCities.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 271
Also in that screenshot, "Dragon's Horde" should be "Dragon's Hoard." I think that mistake may appear in more than one place in the text, easily fixable with a Find and Replace.

There could always be a few goblins stashed away in there for all we know...which could in theory constitute a "horde".:mischief:

edit:Is there some special way to kill Loki?
edit2:When you cast hellfire on a marsh, nothing happens. Which I'm guessing is because a marsh is an improvement that wasn't setup to disallow hellfire from being cast on it like most standard improvements are? Or was hellfire supposed to be able to be cast on/remove the marsh from the tile(another ffh bug that was leftover?:crazyeye:)?

Top Bottom