Community Feature: Voice Actor Revealed

Hey I like it! Better than Civ 4. But why havent all the civs leader speech things been put up? china, russia, india, geece, rome, songhai, siam, persia, ottoman, japan, iriqouis are just pictures :sad:

Nostalgia and fear of changes is such a terrible thing. I admit that I have no reason to prefer Nimoy and Civ IV's quotes, but these just sounded lame =(

I know, i'm not a native english speaker, so my judgement might be based on wrong things, but for me they don't sound good :sad:.
When i clicked on "animal husbandry", i first thought the WinXP integrated computer voice spoke to me.
...er...okay, tested it right now, the samples are sure way better, but i still don't like them :sad:.

May i ask, who will speak the quotes in the foreign versions?

Not bad. I was kind of hoping for Samuel L. Jackson, but this is ok too.

Who is it? Tracy Morgan? I can't see!!

It's horrible!

What a waste of money paying for this. Also I wonder who chosen these quotes. Quite lame if you ask me.

Probably some dude from a small community college in the UK who teaches Shakespeare.

I notice you have a GZA quote in your sig (excellent choice, btw). Apparently this guy was a voice in the movie Afro Samurai, which I'm sure you know RZA was heavily involved with =o

Or, more obscurely, as Major General Issac Trimble, a Confederate commander at Gettysburg in the movie...Gettysburg (and again in God and Generals...that godawful abortion).

I don't think they're absolutely terrible, but I won't say they're as good as having Leonard Nimoy either. The get the point across and, though this may be blasphemous, sound better than having Sid himself read them.

Not bad at all. He's a Shakespearean actor for god's sake! He was in Star Trek! I mean, yeah, Leonard Nimoy is like....killing two birds with one stone(awesome voice, nerd points) and probably the best narrator Civ will ever have, but this is fine. Not sure on the quotes, but who knows, maybe in game they will grow on me.

Also he has an awesome voice and anyone who disagrees is crazy!

Agreed. I do think Nimoy is the better choice, and of course nothing can help recover from the letdown of seeing "Morgan" and for a moment thinking "holy crap, they got Morgan f'n Freeman." And I still say SLJ would=sales. But yes, this is good too. Definitely not a bad choice by any means.

Top Bottom