150 diplomatic nightmares

civnoob13

King
1 - "It can no longer be tolerated! We demand you cancel yours deals with the vile Mongols!"
"You're right, we can't stand them either!"
"
< Gengis Khan has declared war on civnoob13>

2 - "It can no longer be tolerated! We demand you cancel your deals with the vile Mongols!"
"Sorry, but we can't just turn our back on them."

< Ramesses II declares war on civnoob13>

3- "Mehmed II has declared war on owner"

Ok, no big deal. He`s the most powerful civ currently in game but I`m pretty strong myself.

"Ghandi, vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Jao, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Julius Ceasar, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Hatstephut, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Washingdon, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Shaka, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Ragnar, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"

I should of made Ghandi, Hatsteput and Ragnar my vassals when they themselves asked me to. I felt reluctant because it would sap my research. I don`t think i had a single peaceful neighbour left.

5. "We demand [World Map] in tribute!"
"Sorry, you press us too hard."
Isabella has declared war on you!
"Okay."
Isabella has proven that the world is round!

6 -
permenant alliance?
"you've grown too powerful for us"

*stops building millitary for a few turns"

permenant alliance?
"we're doing fine on our own"

*builds a few tanks*
"you've grown too powerful for us"

stops millitary for one turn
"we're doing fine on our own"

A few turns later, we have exactly the same power

permenant alliance?
"we just don't like you enough"
:mad: :mad: :mad:

You spend a lot of time and effort building up relations with two civs (call them CivA and CivB) which should really get along well. A few turns later:

CivA: "We demand that you cancel all deals with CivB!"

:rolleyes: This seems to happen all the time to me. I have good relations with two civs, but they start to hate each other for whatever reason. In my experience its almost impossible to pick two civs and keep good relations with them and for them to keep good relations among each other too...

7. +15 FRIENDLY.

HAHA! Psyche! We're actually only at cautious, but still able to tell you we're @ friendly. The interface is just lying to you. Enjoy your surprise war against the juggernaut you've been friends with all game.

Send great merchant on 15-move trip to the other side of the world and forget about him till he arrives. Join phony war for diplo points and just get on with building. Message arrives "Your Marco Polo has been killed defending against a Chinese archer". He was nowhere near China but went too near a wandering unit. Those were expensive diplo points.

Trying to take over the world
Build massive army and get ready to decimate one of my neighbors
All of my neighbors sign defensive pacts or vassalize with the strongest nation in the game other than myself.
>My face

lol doublepost

7. +15 FRIENDLY.

HAHA! Psyche! We're actually only at cautious, but still able to tell you we're @ friendly. The interface is just lying to you. Enjoy your surprise war against the juggernaut you've been friends with all game.
This is actually a good point...
Can't this be fixed by someone with coding skills?
It's really lame.

3- "Mehmed II has declared war on owner"

Ok, no big deal. He`s the most powerful civ currently in game but I`m pretty strong myself.

"Ghandi, vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Jao, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Julius Ceasar, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Hatstephut, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Washingdon, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Shaka, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"
"Ragnar, Vassal of Mehmed II has declared war on owner"

I should of made Ghandi, Hatsteput and Ragnar my vassals when they themselves asked me to. I felt reluctant because it would sap my research. I don`t think i had a single peaceful neighbour left.

:agree:

12. You change your religion to get along with your neighbor. Said neighbor then changes his religion and decides you're a heathen and declares on you, bringing in the other Civs who were previously provoked at you for following the first religion.

13. Having Shaka and Nappy on either side of you in the same religion that you don't have.

This is actually a good point...
Can't this be fixed by someone with coding skills?
It's really lame.

Its 'fixed' in some mods that use BUG, such as Legends of Revolution it will show you the hidden modifiers the AI as toward each other and you.

am I correct in saying the AI does not take diplomacy into any consideration when choosing which religion to adopt ?

Is it only # of cities and/or whether they have the holy city that determines which one they choose ?

drives me nuts and is so illogical when your best friend converts to Islam solely on the basis of founding it and spreading it to a few of his cities even though it will make him hated everywhere else and start to hate me ???

Also , In the game I`m playing at the moment Victoria founded noth Hinduism and Judaism an the same city and converts to Hindu which spreads to me . And what do I see in the corner of my screen ? a jewish missionary of hers heading to our mutual neighbour Tokugowa ???? ridiculous !!!!

15. Monty- "Let us each sacrafice 50,000 slaves in honor of this auspicious occasion!"
Sure. After I build 50,000 military units to prepare for your inevitable DoW.

16. Gilgamesh has declared war on you!:(
I wipe out his stack.
Gilgamesh- "please accept this 500:gold: in honor of the peace between our nations!"

20 turns later...

Gilgamesh has declared war on you!:gripe:
I wipe out his stack.
Gilgamesh- "please accept this 680:gold: in honor of the peace between our nations!"

20 turns later...

Gilgamesh has declared war on you!:mad:
I wipe out his stack.
Gilgamesh- "please accept this 720:gold: in honor of the peace between our nations!"

20 turns later...

Gilgamesh has declared war on you![pissed]
But Gilligan Ive got 145 rifles, 24 airships, 17 frigates, 8 ironclads and you have a bunch of knights, maces, trebs, and a few muskets. :lol:

And that was the last time...

15. Monty- "Let us each sacrafice 50,000 slaves in honor of this auspicious occasion!"
Sure. After I build 50,000 military units to prepare for your inevitable DoW.

16. Gilgamesh has declared war on you!:(
I wipe out his stack.
Gilgamesh- "please accept this 500:gold: in honor of the peace between our nations!"

20 turns later...

Gilgamesh has declared war on you!:gripe:
I wipe out his stack.
Gilgamesh- "please accept this 680:gold: in honor of the peace between our nations!"

20 turns later...

Gilgamesh has declared war on you!:mad:
I wipe out his stack.
Gilgamesh- "please accept this 720:gold: in honor of the peace between our nations!"

20 turns later...

Gilgamesh has declared war on you![pissed]
But Gilligan Ive got 145 rifles, 24 airships, 17 frigates, 8 ironclads and you have a bunch of knights, maces, trebs, and a few muskets. :lol:

And that was the last time...
:lol::lol::lol:poor Gil:p

Top Bottom