Votes: 3 15.0%
  • What document?

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

hbdragon88

haunted by blackness
I have developed a guide, which shows the techs, the wonder that can be built, and how many culture points it gives per turn. All on one document.

It also includes a few pointers on building wonders in faster time. These are very general points...

I need feedback on this.

Thanks. :cool:

11/30/02
New version of culturereference.zip released. Please download it; it has improved greatly

12/15/02
Zip file discovered to be empty. Please download it again if you already have, and I apologize. It is the same zip file.

Attachments

• culturereference2.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 406
This should be quite helpful for those going for a cultural victory... I'm more the 'domination'-type myself.. :tank:

One question, though: you write: "· Courthouses, harbors, offshore platforms - they all help with shields lost to corruption"
How do you figure that?:confused: What do harbors and offshore platforms do for corruption?

Originally posted by Dragonlord
This should be quite helpful for those going for a cultural victory... I'm more the 'domination'-type myself.. :tank:

One question, though: you write: "· Courthouses, harbors, offshore platforms - they all help with shields lost to corruption"
How do you figure that?:confused: What do harbors and offshore platforms do for corruption?
A harbor creates a trade route with other harbour-cities in your empire. If there is no road or air route (and you have a harbor-city connected to your capitol) the harbour will connect that city to the capitol and reduce corruption.

A 'connected' city gets a corruption bonus equivalent to a courthouse or police station (they are all cumalative)

OK, right, if your city isn't otherwise connected to the capital harbors help against corruption - thanks anarres.
I'd make that clearer in your reference, though, hbdragon88.
And I still don't get it with offshore platforms.

I recall that someone wrote that Offshore Platforms and Harbors - that, if built, they reduce the corruption in worked sea tiles, changing red tiles into blue titles. If I recall correctly.

I'll change it, once I get the offshore platform and harbors confirmed and right.

You need to add airports to harbours.
I disagree with saving you leaders for best wonders.
You can only have one leader at once therefore:
if you have elite

Heres the rest of it-

If you have elite units, a leader and you are at war you need to use him up as fast as possible so you can get another.

I often I try to time my golden age to occur while I am building my forbidden palace and also try to build as many wonders as possible during this time. Currently I am playing the Egyptians, I built 2 war chariots save them and when I wanted the Golden age I attacked some weak units with these. I did not build the pyramids as this would have triggered the Golden age to early for me. I also held off the golden age a couple of turns so I could swap from despotism to monarchy. As you do not want the GA during despotism or anarchy.
To avoild triggering

Ok, I see:

Maybe I need to refute my statement on harbors and offshore platforms. Offshore platforms provide +1 shield on every sea tile worked, that provides a bonus. Harbors do reduce corruption, connected to a city, and give +1 food to each sea tile worked.

Scyphax:

You're right on using leaders as fast as you can to give as many leaders as possible. I might have to change that point a little bit...

nice work, hbdragon, but I notice the the Oracle is missing from your list of ancient wonders.

also since you call this a "culture" reference why not include other cultural improvements and small wonders?

And a tip on building Universal Suffrage: I noticed AI will start building it as soon as they get Industrialization. If you build factory first then start Universal Suffrage you can catch up, also helps to make sure you've railroaded any shield producing tiles in the city radius.

Ok:

I included a small section on Small Wonders & culture improvements, clarified the harbors/offshore platforms thing, and have done some work on adding some more pointers for wonders.

Please download it from first post.

Originally posted by hbdragon88
I have developed a guide, which shows the techs, the wonder that can be built, and how many culture points it gives per turn. All on one document.I need feedback on this.
11/30/02
New version of culturereference.zip released. Please download it; it has improved greatly

Hi!
Like I d/l'd the zip file and it was empty. Then I tried "Save Target As..." and it was still an empty zip file. Prolly the file's just not available at the moment. I'll try later. :)

Worshipwillow:

Nope it's not you...it IS empty. :o I promptly have uploaded a new zip file. Please download it...

Mostly common knoledge, but in one place which is good!

I think it is good but it needs improving.You wrote a short summary with points and lines etc.which is very eficcent but which should be upgraded to a summary in sentences with opinions,advices and others.The main idea is good and I enjoyed reading it.Keep writing...

Top Bottom