PolyCast Episode 99: "Not a Bad Plan"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Does not necessarily make it a good one though. The ninety-ninth episode of PolyCast, "Not a Bad Plan", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with returning guest co-host Sal "Thorburne" Serio and first-time guest co-host "obsolete".

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m26s | Senate
Five Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword strategy tips from "obsolete" based on community forums' observations, panelists' self-identified weaknesses in gameplay and going after smaller or larger empires in consideration of vassalization mechanics.
- 21m20s | Forum Talk
What no technology trading, as set in the up-and-coming Civilization V, means to gameplay with comparison to its applicability within CivIV.
- 28m51s | News
All about cities, happiness, gold and strategic resources in CivV according to the game's official website.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Memories of some early Digital Rights Management efforts, voice actor for CivV revealed and what else that may be revealing, and treading softly.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.

As always, enjoy. :cool:

Only Sid Waddell would say "Here comes Julius Caesar, looking like an electric pink licorice allsort" though.

Well I don't know if that is GOOD or BAD.

Dan's editing was good enough so I don't sound like a complete :):):):):):) (at least I don't think I do). My main worry before we started, (due to my paranoia) was I feared TMIT was going to ambush me with the others into some long drawn out defensive debate on why I still build the SE from time to time. Phew!!! That was one argument I'm still avoiding on the forums.

Well I don't know if that is GOOD or BAD.

Dan's editing was good enough so I don't sound like a complete :):):):):):) (at least I don't think I do).
:lol:, you don't... whatever the assumed less-than-flattering ":):):):):):)" stands for. :D

Glad you enjoyed the final product.

Not that I'm trying to start a fight, but who cares what you use? SE, CE, WE, RE, ABCDEFG, play the way you want to play. The only thing I'd suggest - and I suggest everyone do it - is try at least one new thing every game, be it a different Civ, Leader, stance, map script, or economy style. Try new stuff or you're just a machine doing the same thing over and over.

I think you'll find that TMIT believes in the same core philosphy all the truly-best gamers believe: play your game your way and to hell with what anyone else says. Do you have fun? Then ignore anything else.

And now, to take a listen. (Crud! I'm becoming a regular listener. I'm being sucked in!!!)

Top Bottom