Weird red terrain blotches, no antialiasing?

My splodge looks like the top of a wonder: The porcelain tower came to mind.

Attachments

• RedSplodge.JPG
    RedSplodge.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 920
  • Red Splodge.Civ5Save
    485.3 KB · Views: 209
I also confirm that patch didn't fix this for me either, even though the change log states that it was fixed:

Map - Terrain caching fix that could cause problems for certain video cards (the "glowing red orbs" seen on the map are an indicator of this).

I edited the Bug List to point this out.

I think its two different issues.. Theres the not very discernable glowing red orbs which seem to form corners of a square and dissapear whn you zoom in(these appear to have been fixed)

Then theres the red lava flow that appears on tundra .. These are still a prob

See, I wasn't sure if those were bugs or just lava or cave paintings or something.

I really couldn't tell, but then I saw this thread title.

I was fine with it, haha, but now that I know it's a bug, it's bugging me. :(

Still got the red dots. Have Win 7 x64, but play on laptop, so use DirectX9 gameplay otherwise low graphics settings and slow play on DirectX11.
Got the latest patch.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    43.3 KB · Views: 155
Still got the red dots. Have Win 7 x64, but play on laptop, so use DirectX9 gameplay otherwise low graphics settings and slow play on DirectX11.
Got the latest patch.

But you don't have the latest drivers for your Nvidiacard...
Install and try again... ;)

So since the latest patch I'm still seeing the odd red spots on random tiles, anyone else still getting this? Any fix yet?

It's very rare, but I'm getting the red splotches, too. ATI Radeon 5970 black edition, six-core Athlon rig. Probably not a display adapter or driver issue; my splotches look just like everyone else's. They don't seem to hurt anything, though.

I get these all the time. I thought they were lava.

This graphic issue is still present in patch 1.0.1.348.

My computer specs: Nvidia GTX 580 with latest driver (275.33), running DirectX 11 with max details and 4x antialiasing. Windows 7 64 bits.

EDIT: Removed the savegame because I'm near the quota limit

Attachments

• red_dot.jpg
    red_dot.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 339
This appears to still be happening! I'm playing Civ V, DX9, Radeon 5750M. I get the red dots in random places on the map.

Have we had any updates about this?

This is STILL happening!! Saving and reloading doesn't fix it. It seems once these blotches load into the game, they stick, most likely indicating some error when loading. It's not that big a deal but damn...they just stand out so much lol.

I propose this is not a graphical bug at all but a programming oversight. Could they be possible city start locations? My memory is a bit vague here but they seem similar to the random start location icons from Civ3's map editor. If you notice, they're usually located in desirable locations - even the ones in the middle of ice have fish/whales/deer nearby. Some of the red dots appear larger than others - these have more bonus resources nearby indicating a heavier preference for these locations. Perhaps the programmers forgot to have these red dot start locations disappear after launching the game. Any modders have any insight into this?

Here I've got a better example of what's going on:

The affected tiles are both marsh tiles. They couldn't be blended in for some reason, so a red and white checkerboard gets drawn. This checkerboard is just there to prevent the game from crashing, but the initial problem is a blend problem.

Top Bottom