R.E.D. modpack

Unfortunately I keep crashing to desktop when trying to use the mod. I start a game and just as it might finishing loading, it crashes.

I'm running on a 15" Retina Macbook Pro, can't say I have issues with any other mods. just this one sadly.

My last game was on that map, with R.E.D v.27 and a lots of other mods, no problem at all.

let's try to find differences:
I7 860, 8GB RAM, ATI 5970, very old drivers, DX.11, and see attachment for video options...

I have the same settings, with the exception of the Anti Aliasing being x4 vs x2, 1920x1080 vs yours (also my resolution has a 60Hz refresh rate next to it), and GPU Texture Decode on instead of off. Funny I didn't even see the texture decode thing before. I'm going to trying running it with texture decode off.

EDIT: I don't want to speak too soon, as sometimes it looks fine at first then screws up later, but an initial run with decode off is showing no problems. I think that might be it.

EDIT 2: Played a turn or two, still good. Almost completely sure Texture Decode was the issue. Thanks for posting your settings, I think it's all figured out now.

I have the same settings, with the exception of the Anti Aliasing being x4 vs x2, 1920x1080 vs yours (also my resolution has a 60Hz refresh rate next to it), and GPU Texture Decode on instead of off. Funny I didn't even see the texture decode thing before. I'm going to trying running it with texture decode off.

EDIT: I don't want to speak too soon, as sometimes it looks fine at first then screws up later, but an initial run with decode off is showing no problems. I think that might be it.

EDIT 2: Played a turn or two, still good. Almost completely sure Texture Decode was the issue. Thanks for posting your settings, I think it's all figured out now.
Thanks for the report !

Thanks ever so much for the quick update to build 27. Now I have the expansion I will test this out :)

Just FYI I am tring out the revised CivWillard mod for BNW and found that this mod, when used with it, will cause an immediate crash, I reported it here (post #7)....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12600388#post12600388

Thanks again for your work :)
Strange, none of the mod you're using should make the game crash at this point of the initialization.

mmm I would not have thought so either, but I'm kinda clueless, unlike yourself, to understand these things.

Each time though when both of the two mods are enabled that crash occurs at that point of configuring the game data.

Not sure if it matters but I'll clear out the cache and the ModUserData folder and try again

Yup - just the two mods enabled and the same type of hard crash at the same place.

....the above shows that the two combination work fine except for the CivWillard and this R.E.D modpack as it will cause the hard crash when configuring the game data.

Is there a way to enable only the rescale part of the mod? i dont want the ethnic one. Maybe a older version? If so, where can i find?

Is there a way to enable only the rescale part of the mod? i dont want the ethnic one. Maybe a older version? If so, where can i find?

Keep only the 0-DefaultUnits.sql and 7-Compatibility.sql files in the "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)\SQL" folder, delete all the others.

Keep only the 0-DefaultUnits.sql and 7-Compatibility.sql files in the "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)\SQL" folder, delete all the others.

What if I only wanted the ethnic diversity, but not the rescaling? Is that possible?
Thanks in advance. :)

Hey Gedemon so are you going to give China, Mongolia, Huns & Songhai the MiG-29 then?
There is no "generic" version of the Mig-29 yet. Maybe if I find the team to make a team-colored skin.

What if I only wanted the ethnic diversity, but not the rescaling? Is that possible?
Thanks in advance. :)
Yep, wait for Nutty version.

I only started playing BNW a few hours ago and I noticed that now some units change their appearance not only at Industrial era but at Renaissance era too (cargo ships definatelly does). Maybe that can be used for additional diversity? For example you can give Rome Danrell's alt.hisory roman knight for Medieval era and Nutty's italian knight for Renaissance and later. That would be a nice addition showcasing Roman Civ's switch from Rome to Italy much better.

AFAIK we have to chose between ethnic diversity and era diversity. But I've not tried to mix the tags since the last patch, so maybe it was changed... That's something I miss from civ4 R.E.D.

Estimated timeframe to get the mod posted here? I don't use steam download, since the hacks for the mac are really wonky in that direction...

during next week of all goes well.

Gedemon, just to keep you informed....

I do not know why it now works as all that I did was to download the CivWillard mod again and then tried to load it and I was amazed that the combination loaded and did not crash. I would like to say that the first time that I downloaded it the file might have been corrupt but I did check it out with Winrar and it tested fine. So why it works now I do not know, considering how it hard crashed each and every time previously.

Thanks again for your speedy work in getting the RED modpack to work with BNW.

Not seen it myself, but not met the Romans in my game, but is their spear man invisible, as posted above...?

EDIT: Figured out the crashing - if I launch the game through the Direct X 11 shortcut it will crash with the combination of the two mods. If I launch the game normally and then select the Direct X 11 version it will not crash. Why this should happen I do not know. :crazyeye:

Looks like Russia still has default helicopter in the last version.

Yeah, I noticed that too. :p If you look back a few pages, Gedemon mentioned that he changed his mind at the last minute and forgot to change the version update log. He also posted a little how-to if you want to manually change the helicopter.

yep, I'll keep the Mi-24 until we get a Mi-28...

Top Bottom