Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Creation & Customization > Civ5 - Modpacks

Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:39 PM   #61
Fariic
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedemon View Post
you're using the modbrowser or you've downloaded and installed it manually ?

edit : if it doesn't change after uninstalling the mod, you may try to delete the content of the cache folder in "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache"
Used the mod browser.
It's strange because I've turned it off before with no problem.

The only thing I did differently this time was load a saved game that I was using the mod with, after I disabled the mod.
Fariic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:43 AM   #62
floydian101
Chieftain

I really dig this, thanks
floydian101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:35 AM   #63
Musta Perkele
Emperor

Please Gedemon, tell me what map settings are being used in that screen shot? Is that just continents with medium sea level? In my games continents just create 2 ugly blobs most of the time... I'm still undecided which settings are best for me and it's torturing me.

Previously knows as SickFak
Musta Perkele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:25 AM   #64
Gedemon
Modder

I can't remember

maybe it was "small continents", or just "continents", but medium sea level, that's sure.
Gedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:39 PM   #65
Lord Shadow
The Errant General

Where did you manage to find Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml? They're not present in any folder in \assets\Gameplay\XML.

Did you have to extract them from the FPKs?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 02:02 PM   #66
Gedemon
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Shadow View Post
Where did you manage to find Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml? They're not present in any folder in \assets\Gameplay\XML.

Did you have to extract them from the FPKs?
they are in UnitModels.fpk, yes.

when I started working on the mod before the SDK was out, I used the files in one of the exemple mods available (tiny death robot I think..)
Old Oct 13, 2010, 04:30 AM   #67
spoooq
Warlord

Hi, I haven't tried your mod yet because I'm avoiding Civ for a while, but you did make me wonder if it is possible to have units have different stats or bonuses based on their formation. So for example, a bunch of musketmen in a square would fight better against horses and worse against musketmen in a line formation.
spoooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:39 AM   #68
six blade knife
Chieftain

I tried your mod to see if I like the difference with the vanilla. now I have to say I really can't play without your mod anymore ! so all I have to say is great work and thanks Gedemon or in other words : excellent boulot, merci ! ^^
six blade knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:59 AM   #69
Gedemon
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoooq View Post
Hi, I haven't tried your mod yet because I'm avoiding Civ for a while, but you did make me wonder if it is possible to have units have different stats or bonuses based on their formation. So for example, a bunch of musketmen in a square would fight better against horses and worse against musketmen in a line formation.
I hope to do the exact reverse if it could be managed (now or via c++): changing formation based on unit's promotion or opponent

I wasn't able to do it on civ4 but who knows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by six blade knife View Post
I tried your mod to see if I like the difference with the vanilla. now I have to say I really can't play without your mod anymore ! so all I have to say is great work and thanks Gedemon or in other words : excellent boulot, merci ! ^^
de rien
Old Oct 14, 2010, 04:19 PM   #70
braydog92
Chieftain

Congrats on making the Civilization V top 10 mods list on PC Gamer! You deserve it. :-D
braydog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:03 PM   #71
gruven
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by braydog92 View Post
Congrats on making the Civilization V top 10 mods list on PC Gamer! You deserve it. :-D
This! Love your mod!
gruven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 02:56 AM   #72
Ymir9
Chieftain

This is a really great mod. Especially on Earth maps it makes the world feel a lot larger.
The only complaint I might have at this point is that cows, sheep, deer, and horses really look huge compared to the units now. How hard would it be to scale those down a bit?
Ymir9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:18 PM   #73
Gedemon
Modder

Well, here's a screenshot in game with horse and cow mixed with warrior and horseman...

The warrior head is just above the horse's withers, which look okay to me (withers is at an average 1,60m, so the warriors here are around 1,80m tall, wich is in fact slightly above average I think)

does it look differently ingame for you ?

To answer your question, no it won't be difficult to scale theim down, it's in civ5artdefines_landmarks.xml (search for horse, there are multiple lines with/without pasture). But I don't plan to change it, because of my above statement.

But you can make a small mod with modbuddy and activate it with R.E.D. (I suppose there are tutorials out there) and just civ5artdefines_landmarks.xml in it (this file isn't modular, you can't use the update mod method on it). The actual scale for horse is 0.08, try 0.07 or 0.06 to see if it's more to your taste
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:41 PM   #74
Devilbound
Chieftain

Thank you for a very nice mod. Altho I would appreciate if I could stick with just the time modification
Devilbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:20 AM   #75
Daft73
anamorphose

Great work Gedemon. The rescale looks nice, feels less I'm playing with my 1 year old's toys. The vanilla size is just too big; and this gives a bit more feel of armies against each other, not giant sized flesh transformers beasts, with spears.
Daft73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:10 AM   #76
Taneda Sant˘ka
Chieftain

Isn't there a problem with archers and their huge arrows floating in front of them ? Maybe you didn't resize the projectiles...

Last edited by Taneda Sant˘ka; Oct 22, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
Taneda Sant˘ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 03:37 AM   #77
Ymir9
Chieftain

Alright I'm convinced by the cows and the horses.
Although the sheep and the deer still seem a little big to me.

I did notice though that there seems to be no scale correction for the Babylonian unique unit, which led to some pretty comical moments when I was reminded just how huge the original vanilla models were. Those Mesopotamians really take their vitamins.
Ymir9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 04:16 AM   #78
Gedemon
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taneda Sant˘ka View Post
Isn't there a problem with archers and their huge arrows floating in front of them ? Maybe you didn't resize the projectiles...
yep, this has been reported, but thanx for the reminder. In fact the arrows are scaled down, but not the position.
and I didn't find yet where the arrows position is set. I fear it's in the model itself

I think the archer is not the only unit affected (chariot ? camel ?), but the longbow seems ok, I'll look this way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir9 View Post
Alright I'm convinced by the cows and the horses.
Although the sheep and the deer still seem a little big to me.

I did notice though that there seems to be no scale correction for the Babylonian unique unit, which led to some pretty comical moments when I was reminded just how huge the original vanilla models were. Those Mesopotamians really take their vitamins.
I've posted a fix in page 2 or 3 of this thread for the babylonian bowman.

I'll update the mod files with the fix after the next DLC to include the incoming mongol unit, and if possible maybe some civ4 converted or new units graphics...
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:08 AM   #79
Revoran
Prince

Fantastic mod here, looks great with a ton of AA turned on - can't wait to see the new mongol units downsized
Revoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 06:40 PM   #80
Gedemon
Modder

new version with DLC units rescaled !

posted in file database: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=15434

please report any bug, especially if you don't have both DLC, I'll post it on the mod hub once it has been tested here, thanx.