Come on Firaxis, give us basic interface functionality

Horizons

Needing fed again!
:)

Before working on more complex issues like AI and river graphics, please add more info that can streamline the game better and make empire management simpler:

1. When hovering over a worker, display what he is building and turns to completion.

2. When hovering over a unit (enemy or friendly) display its strength, ranged strength, movement, etc in addition to nationality and its status (fortified, healing, sleeping, etc).

3. Ability to move the city display screen by moving the mouse to the end of the corners of the window.

And some others in the same vain that I forgot to mention

Thanx

:p

#1 is already in the game; the second hover tooltip will say "4 turns to Construct a Plantation," for example. #3, you can click and drag if you want to move the map in city view.

#2 I agree with, however. There's currently no way to check the value of your own units' defensive positions.

Inside the city I should just have to hold shift and I can queue up stuff for the city rather than add something, then, click the stupid check box, and add stuff again.

In addition, I'd also like to get the defensive bonuses when you are telling a unit to move to a tile that you hover over ala Civ4.

I also wish you didn't have to go into the city screen to switch production (again ala Civ4).

I also wish you could just buy whatever it is your city is currently building. Why do you have to go to the purchase tab, and then select it again from the list??

I also don't quite understand city defense. Does putting a unit inside increase the overall city strength? I always thought that the enemy would have to defeat the unit garrisoned and then defeat the city.

Also, the city defenses are lousy. Why can't the missiles my city launches defeat a barb trireme in 1 shot??

In addition, I'd also like to get the defensive bonuses when you are telling a unit to move to a tile that you hover over ala Civ4.
That would be nice, in addition to being able to see what a worker can build there.

I also wish you didn't have to go into the city screen to switch production (again ala Civ4).
You don't have to; you can click on the production icon (the right end of the city name bar).

I also wish you could just buy whatever it is your city is currently building. Why do you have to go to the purchase tab, and then select it again from the list??
This I agree is one of the stranger choices in Civ V... allowing you to buy something outright but not to rush the current production. Very weird.

I also don't quite understand city defense. Does putting a unit inside increase the overall city strength? I always thought that the enemy would have to defeat the unit garrisoned and then defeat the city.
Garrisoned units add to the city's combat strength; they don't fight themselves if the city is attacked, and will be destroyed if the city is taken.

Inside the city I should just have to hold shift and I can queue up stuff for the city rather than add something, then, click the stupid check box, and add stuff again.

Someone made a mod that fixes this. You have shift, alt, and ctrl functionality in the queue just like in Civ4.

Also, the city defenses are lousy. Why can't the missiles my city launches defeat a barb trireme in 1 shot??

the unit inside add to the city strenght and does not fight on its own.

City defense is actually bugged... by the manual the city atacks with its strength level alwais at full (does not matter if the city is being atacked). but in the game you see it does not work this way... any archer with 6 strength on ranged atack does MUCH more damage then your city with 10-12 strenght.

If they correct it, much of the complaints on the city being weak will be over.

Top Bottom