New York City (50x50)

dc82

Prince
The first of (hopefully) more city-based maps. Here's one of New York City, featuring most of Manhattan. It includes parts of Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx (sorry, no Staten Island), and a small section of Jersey.

Updated my map and version 1.0 is up for download/feedback. Currently most of the land is set as Grassland. Parts of Jersey are set to plains tiles to reduce population growth. Some of the industrial/non residential areas like Greenpoint, Long Island City, etc. are set to plains and desert too. The two big patches of desert in Jersey and Queens reflect rail lines.

Parks, cemeteries, and other public land are converted to forests, although the cemeteries are on plains-forest tiles, while the parks are on grassland-forests. LaGuardia Airport, Riker's Island, and the Brooklyn Naval Yard use tundra. The Meadowlands and one part by Flushing have marsh tiles. It's not reflected in the mini-map, but I have rivers to divide Randall's Island from the Bronx, as well as the section between Queens and Brooklyn, and one to reflect the stream by Flushing Bay.

Here's what I have so far. It's based out of modern day New York, as opposed to pre-European settled Manhatta. Hopefully that'll be my next map.

Deciding still if I want to set specific civs to this game, if I should lay down the rail/highways down, etc. I haven't laid any resources yet either. Feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• NYC v1.0.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 431
This could also be cool for a revolutionary war scenario. It would have to be a tactical level scenario, but the battles of Long Island and Harlem Heights would be cool to recreate here. I'd probably expand the map to include Staten Island, because it was important as the British staging area for those battles.

I really like that the map has thin waterways, that would make this map a lot cooler for naval battles than the maps I've played on so far, that generally have wide open oceans.

Top Bottom