Which nickname for Civ 5 appeals to you? (Vote for one)

Which nickname for Civ 5 Appeals to you?

• Civilization V" It is blasphemy to call it anything else.

Votes: 89 24.0%
  • "Civ0.5" (I have seen this used a bit, not sure what the users are saying)

Votes: 42 11.3%
  • "Civilemon V" (Keep lemon in the name while there are lemons in the game)

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • "Civ Improved" (It is a great step forward)

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • "Civ Removed" (It isn't even Civ anymore)

Votes: 60 16.2%
  • "Civilization: Battlefield I" (Empire building is lost, it is a wargame now)

Votes: 55 14.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 95 25.6%

• Total voters

da_Vinci

Gypsy Prince
We don't have enough polls here (ok, my nose is growing), so I thought I would add another one.

A bit tongue in cheek, but it might be interesting.

dV

Civilization: The One Nobody can just try to enjoy.

To the Civ0.V voters ... exactly what do you mean by that (are you saying it is Civ 0 ... and not in a Coke Zero kind of way)?

Edit: @ Skwink Caesar: Got a chuckle from your "HEY YOU" sig line. But it may be the veterans that are most upset with Civilemon V ... newcomers might be impressed if no exposure to prior Civs.

I think Firaxis and 2K have earned some bashing with this release ... it should die down in another week or so, I would think.

dV

I prefer Civ0.5 because it just is lacking.
War is like a turkey-shoot. I have never felt sorry for Monty before during a war, but after nailing his eight outdated units I just took one city after another. Yawn. It's like beating up a seven-year-old. I felt guilty.
I don't like to say this, because I think there is much in this game that is positive, and that I do enjoy, but it needs so much help at this point it's frustrating.

You forgot Civ De-evolutions. ;)

Cities and Knights of Catan

Ive got a few of my own.........
Civ 5 Party!
Civ for dummies
Civ{justin beiber edition}5 with the dlc packs "please bend over" and "the old bait and switch"
Civ multiplayer is"awesome"5

Just to state a declaimer first:
I have not acquired Civilization 5. So what I post here is just my estimate based on from what I have read in the threads here and admittedly colored by my hatred of hexes and steam.

But I think that based on what has been posted so far, and the words said by Sullla I would say that the best custom title would be:

Civilization 5 - The game that it could have been

To the Civ0.V voters ... exactly what do you mean by that (are you saying it is Civ 0 ... and not in a Coke Zero kind of way)?

Edit: @ Skwink Caesar: Got a chuckle from your "HEY YOU" sig line. But it may be the veterans that are most upset with Civilemon V ... newcomers might be impressed if no exposure to prior Civs.

I think Firaxis and 2K have earned some bashing with this release ... it should die down in another week or so, I would think.

dV

Thanks! You have a point, might change it a little.

BTW I've played 3, 4, and Rev. Soon I'm getting 5, so I'm not really new or a veteran, but even with all the hating, I still think it'll be fun.

I don't hate it. I think it's a failure. Even in the economic sense. I didn't purchase it. I'm certain that I'm not the only one. I'll bet that there are many more who did who won't purchase anything else by Firaxis for quite awhile. Can you say "lost revenue?" ;)

I am calm. But thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

We ARE discussing CiV in its forum. We just really don't like the direction that it has taken. We have every right to do so in this forum, where, I repeat, it is absolutely appropriate to do so. It is one of the purposes that these forums serve.

re; "hating on it." see the first paragraph.

No one really cares? I sure bet that the Firaxis people care. They might not like hearing it, but you can bet the farm that they are monitoring the reponses. Feedback is a vital aspect of marketing. And, after all, on Civfan, it's free.

Oh geewhiz, if a "wall of text" (what, 40 lines or so? o.m.g.) bothers you . . . don't read it. Come to think of it, if you luuuvvv the game so much, what are you doing on here defending it? Why aren't you playing it? Seems like a sarcastic question, but it isn't, actually.

Once again, I have to ask, WHY does it matter if someone else is unsatisfied with this version and posts criticisms/complaints? I am just not getting the motivation here at all. Is it in your mind that it is somehow mandatory to love CiV? And if we don't, we are labeled "haters?" (an obviously derogatory term) It seems as if you resent the fact that someone else is unhappy about CiV. Why? Are you getting paid by Firaxis/2k/et al ? Are you employed by one of those companies?

Just asking. :mischief:

Snapshot at 95 votes:

With 27% picking "none of the above", hard to make any quantitative conclusions as we don't know if they would pick a positive nickname, or a negative one. Given the creativity in the posts so far, I'd guess some portion would be negative.

The surprise, even to me, is that we have only one vote for "Civ Improved", for 1.05% of the total so far. Now, we don't know if the anti blasphemy votes included folks who think it is improved, or if the battlefield votes include those who think it is improved. So the range for thinking its improved runs from a low of 1% in the worst case, and 62% in the best case.

We expect the successive iterations of the franchise to be a step forward, so only mustering at most 62% seeing improvement (and probably not even that) is bad news.

But we knew that already ... but asking in different ways, and getting similar answers, confirms that it represents the opinion of the participants on this forum (or at least those willing to vote) independent of the survey instrument).

Reminds me of a song:

"Must be ... 50 ways to tell Firaxis

Post in a thread, Fred
Send a PM, Pam
Vote in a poll, Joel
Have a boycott, Scott

Just get yourself heard"

dV

Top Bottom