PolyCast Episode 102: "Probably Doing It Wrong"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
It's only an observation. The one-hundred-and-second episode of PolyCast, "Probably Doing It Wrong", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew, Lisa "qnl" Bang with returning guest co-hosts John "bt_oz" Archer and Solver

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 04m27s | Forum Talk
On Civilization IV's best Axeman replacement, usefulness of the Archery technology, use as an educational tool and diplomatic nightmares.
- 32m47s | Senate
Following the Woodsman or Guerrilla promotion line in CivIV.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Movies for Civin, statistical improbabilities as proclaimed on a recent episode, playing dress-up at GamesCom 2010, and why one co-host comes to say that they will never compliment anyone again.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.

As always, enjoy. :cool:

I considered posting an addendum as to why this episode is Civilization IV focused only at its release, but decided against it. In hindsight I wish I had to put the circumstance into context, but I will do so now.

This episode was indeed recorded as Episode 102 on August 28th before Civilization V's release. Due to time constraints on my part due to "real life" commitments (employment), there is an unfortunate delay of ~4-6 weeks between episode recording and release. This, combined with wanting us co-hosts to have some meaningful time playing the release version before giving 'first impressions', has led to the show not yet covering Civilization V post-release.

Less than two weeks ago that 'first impressions' episode was recorded; though recorded as Episode 105, I am going editing it next for release as Episode 103 given said timing and understandable interest in CivIV. (It will be almost entirely Single-Player focused.) The two episodes after it will be CivIV focused alone, but then we will enter a CivIV/CivV hybrid period of coverage. I am an episode behind in the release schedule still, and am hoping to get caught up by this time next month.

Top Bottom