Auto end turn, should it work as I understand it..?

Xink

King
Hello

I have checked the selection...

...to ensure that the auto end turn is enabled for single player games. Then I start a new game and finish doing all that I can within that turn. The "next turn" button becomes highlighted and thus needs to be pressed before the game continues.

I would have thought that playing a single player game, with that option ticked, then it would have automated the pressing of the "Next Turn" button..?

I have that problem sometimes, then I have also noticed that either on or off, I have noticed that I still have units with moves left, sometimes all of them, in autoturn there is nothing I can do, with manual turn i have to check every unit. Kind of annoying. I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem I would love to play auto turn especially early game, but damnit, its leaving units unchecked.

Does it happen if you have all of your units stationary? If you have units on the move, they move at the end of the turn, and presumably only when you press the button.

This is only a guess as to what's happening.

Does the auto end turn work some of the time?

I play with auto turn on, permenantly, works fine for me, apart from the odd turn pressing enter,after combat, unit comes out of sentry, unit has finished moving ect, choseing tech/production, these can some times require a manual end turn.

Since civ1 I've never liked auto end turn, after moving all my units what if I'd like to go back and check something?

Having not bothered with auto turn on any previous of Civ I would now think that it is working as designed but not as I expected.

When a unit is "disturbed" or needs commands I find that I then need to press the button to manually complete the turn. When it does work I then find that I am missing something that I would have liked to see.

Bottom line - it is now off :)

Top Bottom