New CiV Downloads for December

Blue Monkey

Archon Without Portfolio
More goodies to play with during the holiday season (whichever one & however you celebrate it). This time they are from our CiV toy-makers:

CIVILIZATIONS

MAPS

TERRAIN

UNITS

GAMEPLAY MODPACKS
  • Economy Mod v. 5 ( latest patch) by Valkrionn updated with latest version of Robk's Info Addict mod and other changes
  • Total Mod (Alpha v.6) by Blazekid87
  • Echoes of Ages v. 13 (latest patch) by Cyrinno with numerous changes & bug fixes.
  • Thal's Balance Mods by Thalassicus
  • MediEVO (Medieval Era Extension) v29 by rf900 - alters gameplay to have most turns in Medieval Era and end game at Renaissance with many new elements.
  • Barbarian Tribes (playable barbarian civs) v6 by rf900 - requires the Mongol Free DLC
    with Specialized Barbarian Units by Lord Shadow, and appropriate changes to gameplay

WONDERS

SCENARIOS
  • Four Scenarios by MaxRiga - Medieval, 1900 AD - XX Century in Europe ( WW1-WW2 ), 1900 AD - XX Century World map ( WW1-WW2 ), 1939 AD - WW2 - ColdWar

Moderator Action: Broken or missing links are the responsibility of the individual authors, not the creator of this announcement.

The links aren't broken because they're pointing to locations that are not there, they're broken because they've been entered incorrectly.

Spanish civ link broken.
The links aren't broken because they're pointing to locations that are not there, they're broken because they've been entered incorrectly.
Thanks for noticing that, Shaod. If only more people took the time to read carefully I wouldn't be receiving dso many complaints about others' mistakes.
Could you fix my links?
I could but I'm not going to. It's your responsibility to read & follow the guidelines. Your posted "correction" still doesn't follow the guidelines. Neither does Nitram15's. Take more care next time you submit something.
Moderator Action: Broken or missing links are the responsibility of the individual authors, not the creator of this announcement.
From the submissions thread:
  • Link broken? Check that you followed the guidelines in the OP. Let me know if it's my mistake rather than yours. If it's mine I'll correct it. If it's yours double check your post more carefully next time around.
  • No picture in the preview? Check that you followed the guidelines in the OP. Let me know if it's my mistake rather than yours. If it's mine I'll correct it. If it's yours double check your post more carefully next time around.
  • At least one entry did not follow the format at all. Check that you followed the guidelines in the OP. From now on such entries won't be included unless they are corrected prior to the start of preparing the announcement. After that if they are corrected & placed in a new post they will be included in the next round.
What takes a minute or two for the individual author quickly stacks up into an hour or more work for me when I have to deal with everything the authors are not willing to do for themselves. This is not subject to debate, as I've previously stated in the submissions thread. It's necessary in order to effectively use the limited time I have to moderate this forum.

Thanks for noticing that, Shaod. If only more people took the time to read carefully I wouldn't be receiving dso many complaints about others' mistakes.

I could but I'm not going to. It's your responsibility to read & follow the guidelines. Your posted "correction" still doesn't follow the guidelines. Neither does Nitram15's. Take more care next time you submit something.
From the submissions thread:What takes a minute or two for the individual author quickly stacks up into an hour or more work for me when I have to deal with everything the authors are not willing to do for themselves. This is not subject to debate, as I've previously stated in the submissions thread. It's necessary in order to effectively use the limited time I have to moderate this forum.

I had the same problem when I first started here, Blue Monkey puts his own time into this stuff, and it's our mods being advertised so we should read the notes and put in the little effort we need to, to make his job easier.

@Blue Monkey: But the link is broken in some case, isn't it? And if you're lazy to copy the links in a good way, or if you mistaken (which i absolutely not a problem; we are humans) you are lazy to fix your really annoying error, then don't make thing like that.

And can i ask what is "follow the guidelines"? Don't use Ctrl+C, but use Right-click copy URL, or something (text depends on browser) like that. And voila! It works

Or is it follow the guidelines, if i place spaces between it? The forum does those .... in the link, it isn't our fault. If i do a table like this monthly thing, i use Right-click copy url option.

I'm sorry if it seems too aggressive, but i am not too happy, that I do it as i did it always (and somehow it was always good) then you say it was all my fault, because you don't know how to copy an url?

@Blue Monkey: But the link is broken in some case, isn't it? And if you're lazy to copy the links in a good way, or if you mistaken (which i absolutely not a problem; we are humans) you are lazy to fix your really annoying error, then don't make thing like that.

And can i ask what is "follow the guidelines"? Don't use Ctrl+C, but use Right-click copy URL, or something (text depends on browser) like that. And voila! It works

Or is it follow the guidelines, if i place spaces between it? The forum does those .... in the link, it isn't our fault. If i do a table like this monthly thing, i use Right-click copy url option.

I'm sorry if it seems too aggressive, but i am not too happy, that I do it as i did it always (and somehow it was always good) then you say it was all my fault, because you don't know how to copy an url?
Twice I'm called lazy. And then you imply that I'm too stupid to copy a URL. That's called flaming. I'll let it pass this once.

How about following the guidelines? What is difficult about that? If you don't wish to follow them that's fine. The consequence is that you will continue to be unhappy with the results. As has been stated several times already, this is not open to debate. Post in a way that makes the entire URL visible if you want your links to work.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9992997#post9992997

Top Bottom