Diplomacy.txt Mod Scots!

mairsil

Chieftain
Here's something I have been looking for, but had not seen posted, complete dialog for a mod civ, The Scots.

Included in the zip file is a modified diplomacy file. I have not included the mod file I use, because everyone uses their own, but the parts I used were a modified ScotsGuard (modded the ini for sounds I have), the Robert the Bruce leaderhead (that baby is sweeet :goodjob: ) blah blah blah. You can build your own addition to your bix file because I don't know a way to import or export from that file.

There is a way to import from one diplomacy file to another though, and I recommend using the Civ III Diplomacy Editor. This project would still have probably happened without it, but it would have been an incredible pain to do. Great job on that too!

Full instructions are included in the readme I put with the diplomacy file, along with some sarcastic commentary because I'm like that.

I may do more of these, but first I have to figure out how to "think like a <civ>."

I previewed for grammar and didn't see it nuked the attachment. Silly me. :rolleyes:

--Mairsil

Attachments

• scotsdiplomacy.zip
    89.4 KB · Views: 202
Looks like nice work. I was about to do something similar an you've saved me a lot of bother...:goodjob:

I'm still gonna change a few, though. Some references to the other leaders as "Jimmy" might be nice :cool:
I was also thinking about some Robbie Burns-isms - how about "great puddin' o' the chieftain race"...!? :D :D

Originally posted by mairsil
Here's something I have been looking for, but had not seen posted, complete dialog for a mod civ, The Scots.

Nice. I did modify diplomacy for my Arthurian Britain scenario with the Scots included. Did you include any excerpt from the declaration of Arbroath? The piece I included was:

"For as long as a hundred of us remain alive, never will we under any condition be brought under your rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting but for freedom. For that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself"

which is what you will hear if you try to make peace an unfair with the Scots.

The Scots leader may also greet you with the following:
"Howzitgaun big yin what can the gallus $AI4 do you for?"

(that's pure Glaswegian bye the way)

Or if they like you they might say:
"I, $AI3, the high heid yin of the Scots thank my honourable friend, $PLAYER0!"

and if they really like you they might say:
"Excellent! I'm quite pleased. Would you like a wee dram before you go?"

I love the idea but does it work on ptw and does it replace another cv

Top Bottom