Rebirth of an Empire, an EU3 Divine Wind story

Kyriakos

Creator
Instead of posting so much in the other thread, i guess it would be better to keep all the pics of my game here.

I restarted an old save, with the intention of expanding to the east before Castille. I am in the process of conquering Syria, and then i will devour the remains of the Mameluks and the other factions in that area.

Also i have to declare war on the comedy ottomans, who are a vassal of the Golden Horde :)

In Greece i have to liberate Crete (also holds Kaffa), the Cyclades, Rhodes, and Cyprus.

Also, i have a question: how can i build trade stations in other countries? (like the AI does if you are part of his trade league). I have a CoT in Thrace.

At least now Austria doesn't own half the Golden Horde. :p

Yes, one of the main concerns is to destroy Austria. They already are strong (not sure how that is possible, probably the game gives them excellent stats) so i will have to organize a "sicilian vespers" against them ;)

Hungary, as usual, is allied to me, and as usual is very weak. Milan is reduced after a war with France. Bohemia too, after a war with Austria.

I will try to keep Poland alive, so that they serve as an antagonist to Austria, and a possible ally to me.

Austria, France, Castille, England, and similar countries are mostly strong because they have special decisions that other countries can't enact, and a decently solid foundation as far as base tax and resources go. Sweden would be in that category, but it's got crummy base tax and manpower, and as such is much easier for a Denmark to squash.
Also, i have a question: how can i build trade stations in other countries? (like the AI does if you are part of his trade league). I have a CoT in Thrace.
You can only do that as a Merchant Republic. So it's basically limited to Novgorod, the Hansa, Genoa, and Venice. Becoming a Merchant Republic as anybody else is IIRC quite painful and not worth it.

Administrative Republic is, of course, the best single government in terms of powergaming.

I see, thank you :)

Some progress: there was a massive war against Austria, but Hungary was allied to it. It seems if i want a real war against them i will have to start it myself. The war was a stalemate, Austria did not become really stronger, but neither did it lose anything significant.

I, on the other hand, continued to expand in Syria and Egypt. Unfortunately Portugal got there just before me, so i lost two provinces i wanted to take. The future war with Portugal is inevitable.

My navy is stronger than Venice (not that this says much) but i cannot declare war on it due to Castille being the defender of all catholic states. I will have to wait for Castille (which currently is allied to half of Europe, including France!) to get in an ugly war (and not against myself) :)

Now you just need to take the rest of Egypt and kick the Portuguese out of the area to connect it all up to your empire.

I just did :) The portuguese got ousted by the Jalayrids. The mameluks were reborn in a single province, but now there will be a massive war to connect my provinces...

I also liberated the Cyclades and Rhodes. Now only Crete and Cyprus are in foreign hands from my cores.

Excellent. Now just subjugate the Middle East, and you can begin to expand westward and Re-Romanize Europe.

The war against the Jalayrids was very easy, since they had collapsed internally. But now Portugal seems set to take one province of Syria again. Also there is the one province Mameluk country, which is catholic, and France protects it (the one allied to Castille...).

I think i will have to take it easy for five years, since currently i have the effects of overextention. :)

As for conquering the west, i first will have to westernize. But i would be more interested in recreating the empire of Alexander the great ;)

Two new things happened. First i westernised, which is why i still have horrible stability.

Then i declared war on Crete, and this led Georgia, Portugal, and finally also Bohemia against me. However i have a stronger fleet than Portugal, and managed to annex Crete and take a province from Georgia.

Castille is still allied to France :( France took a small bit of Hungary too.

The future war against Persia seems inevitable...

Unfortunately Austria appeared on my border. I have no cassus belli on them, and it would be suicide to lose 2 stability to go to war.

Also Persia got a double border with me now, in Ethiopia...

I am slowly industrialising though, so perhaps i will have a stronger army than Persia soon.

Another update :)

I won in a war against Persia, got one of their two ethiopian provinces, and also forced them to release Georgia.

I vassalised Nadz, the Hedjaz and Iraq, who are all now allied to me.

Getting ready for a super-war against Persia, which looks set to crumble in the northern parts due to the onslaught by Novgorod :)

I like how Finland has eastern Iceland. How are you dealing with what I assume must be many regions with a revolt risk after you take them? And how worthwhile is it to take regions in Iraq and Persia?

I had the negative effect of "over-extention" for a while, but now virtually all of my empire is cored, and there is minimal risk of revolts :)

The Egyptian provinces are lucrative, at least in the north. The Syrian ones less so, but not entirely a wasteland either. Of course they are not like the wealthy Kozani (in western Greece) which is second only to Constantinople in income, and has around 50 at the moment (without a mint or a manufactury) :D

Top Bottom