SGOTM 13 - T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't

Since I will be gone the next few days, and nothing exciting enough to hold our attention has happened. I would not object to Neil continuing on for another 20 turns. Or you can swap me in the rotation. I leave that to our fearless leader's discretion.

Neil: can we copy the micro plan we are following to Sheet1 in the spreadsheet? I assume we are using your "neil-PH" micro plan.

Edit: That island to the SE looks interesting, but I don't think we can get both the Fish and the Stone in the BFC. Of course, we haven't seen the other side of it yet.

I don't mind going for another 20 or so turns, the first 40 only took me about 5 minutes. I will await the teams decision. We produce a galley in ~15 turns, so we will have revealed a few tiles.

I am also interested in the stone, I think that is where to send the galley first, while doing a big clockwise loop around our starting position.

Moved the micro to the first page of the spreadsheet, and called it 'The Plan'.

1) Hmm. That stone is probably there to try and coax us into trying to build the pyramids. I think we should resist the temptation, but I'm not sure that's ideal?

2) I'm down with Neil playing a few more turns. The plan seems pretty straightforward at this point.

3) Also, Where do we send the galley? We can't send it too far away, so I'm down for doing a largish circle around the capital to try and find copper and decent second city site.

Additional turns are fine with me, since so little has happened so far (and its on Epic). A circular scout pattern with the first galley makes sense, though we'll be wanting to go for circumnavigation once we get a couple more out.

Holidays are finally coming to an end, back to school tomorrow. Thank god, I'll finally be able to rest, complete the Botm with Chaka, and read "I shall wear Midnight" that I just picked in London.
I was in Cannes, for the international boardgame festival, and if any of you like meeples and victory points, there was some great discoveries to be made this year again.

Anyway, on the matter at hand, I have no problem with additional turns. I don't think that stone is enough of an indication by itself, we need to see what's around.
Once more, the word is wait and see.

Sorry, will play it right now !

Played another 20 turns, took slightly longer this time (almost 10 minutes) as I was paranoid.

All goes well, we have discovered lovely things, mostly food.

Unless we find even more goodies, I suspect we have the location of city 2.
Fish, Stone, GH..... this gives us enough production to build Forge/Colossus.
City 3 can focus on copper.

The Galley has 10 more turns to scout, and be back ready to pick up the settler. We can build the settler in 9, but this is at the cost of extra commerce.

Screenies:
Spoiler :

Turnlog:
Spoiler :

Turn 49, 2775 BC: You have discovered Mysticism!

Turn 60, 2500 BC: You have discovered Meditation!

Cool. Looks like the right side Grassland tile is the best bet, since it puts the stone and fish both in the inner ring and doesn't share the GH with Paris. That depends on what we find when moving the Galley to the W, since settling on the Jungle would also get us both Stone and Fish, and would allow a city on the Desert SW of the Pig to get Fish and Pig plus the Desert Hill and 1 Grassland. Not spectacular, but decent food for running specs.

Looks good from here. I think another round of testing is up to see what is best for wonder prodcution.

Yeah, I wasn't sure myself where cities 2 & 3 might go.

I was thinking the left grassland and the right desert.

The left grassland can take the GH mine from A-M, and have Stone and another GH mine. We need a monument to get the fish and second GH, but this is a no-brainer anyway. So, a city on the left grassland can have 11 hpt.

City on the right desert looks like an excellent GP farm.

Because if we are building wonders, we will need all the hammers we can get.

I should point out, that I would probably only do this while building Forge/Colossus. This is the kind of city overlap that I like, where you can assign the hammers to where they are needed most.

Can I suggest that the next person, Trystero I believe, play out the next 10 turns first, until the settler is produced.

This will allow maximum possible time to explore, who knows what else we might uncover.

Then we can make some solid plans on where to settle, and what to build.

Makes sense to me. Trying to figure out what to do now when we can get more exploring in before the settler is done does seem like it may be counterproductive.

Makes sense to me. Trying to figure out what to do now when we can get more exploring in before the settler is done does seem like it may be counterproductive.

Yeah, definitely play and then post before settling so we can all give our (probably different) input on where the city should go. Although I too am liking the eastern grassland tile atm.

Also, are we planning on whipping? The capital seems really sadly underwhipped. (I'm a fan of the whip). Prudent whipping is obviously wise, but no whipping is going to leave us miles behind the likes of shyuhe, kossin, rusten and duckweed who I'm sure will be whipping like mad.

Also, I'll get working on our write-up soonish.

Yeah, definitely play and then post before settling so we can all give our (probably different) input on where the city should go. Although I too am liking the eastern grassland tile atm.

Also, are we planning on whipping? The capital seems really sadly underwhipped. (I'm a fan of the whip). Prudent whipping is obviously wise, but no whipping is going to leave us miles behind the likes of shyuhe, kossin, rusten and duckweed who I'm sure will be whipping like mad.

Also, I'll get working on our write-up soonish.

We haven't got BW, so no whipping as yet. And yes, I agree, judicous use of the whip will be required.

You can see from the graphs, that Plastic Ducks went for early BW, and have already whipped something.

edit: and I really don't like settling the eastern grassland, it means we cannot settle to get the pigs/fish.

Top Bottom