Upgrade chart and promotion chart

SecondaryOak

Chieftain
This is a shameless self-plug; I've made a couple of diagrams I consider very useful, and I wanted to share them with this community, since I could have used them when I started playing.

The first diagram shows a summary of what unit upgrades to what unit, and includes all the UUs.

There's also a GaK version available, which also takes into consideration special upgrade paths (e.g. Dromon).
Also up now is a BNW version, again with all UUs and their special upgrade paths.

The second diagram shows a summary of what are the requirements for the various promotions. Again, I will attempt to keep it updated with future patches.

Moderator Action: A version of the promotion chart for 1.0.1.511 can be found here.

Welcome to the forums. :wavey:

And thanks for the charts. They provide much more coherent information than the civilopedia. :goodjob:

Moderator Action: Moved to tutorials + references.
Because it's a reference, and it's indeed a nice one, great charts, thank you :).
Sorry, my bad. I thought this forum was for references and tutorials for mod development only, didn't realize it was for gameplay references as well.

Thanks, I have almost 200 hours of game play and I still had no clear picture of what leads to what promotion wise :goodjob:

Excellent job there OP. Was looking at the Civilopedia for this kind of info the other day and getting frustrated by it's inadequacies.

Cavalry doesn't upgrade into Tank anymore? That makes me care even less about mounted units than I already did.

This is a shameless self-plug; I've made a couple of diagrams I consider very useful, and I wanted to share them with this community, since I could have used them when I started playing.

The first diagram shows a summary of what unit upgrades to what unit, and includes all the UUs. I will attempt to always keep that post up-to-date with new patches and DLCs.

The second diagram shows a summary of what are the requirements for the various promotions. Again, I will attempt to keep it updated with future patches.

Thanks for your great chart! There is a Civ5 War Academy written, and I am doing the part about promotions and would like to use your nice picture. There are some mistakes though regarding scouting and survivalism: scouting II gives 1 extra move and survivalism II gives +50% defense bonus and survivalism gives +50% defense bonus and heals the unit every turn despite the fact the unit moves or not.

Thanks for the heads-up, zyx! Chart fixed. It's a bit less pretty now with all the information I had to cram in the scout's promotions, but more accurate :)

The chart might not win a beauty contest if you were in the jury, but I still think it is great.

Thank you for the flow charts! They look great when printed on A3.

Maybe you can include H'wacha as Korea's replacement for Trebuchet?

Evahaut: I just didn't bother with the H'wacha because it's just one unit and it's covered by the notes in the bottom. I'll update it when Gods and Kings comes out, and will include Korea's UU.

The_J: what did I miss? I'll update it if there's any mistake, but I can't find it...

The_J: what did I miss? I'll update it if there's any mistake, but I can't find it...

I already updated it myself :).
No big things, just some numbers changed, not much.

I guess from your comment we can assume that you'll do the charts again for G&K, right :)? Would be really great :thumbsup:.

Top Bottom