The American Revolution

For BtS 3.19

The American Revolution created a nation that would become a superpower and inspired countless other revolutions across the centuries and around the world. Now it is your turn to make your mark on this historic event. Will you join the Revolution and lead the Americans to freedom, or will you command the British and put those pesky colonists in their place?

Download Here

Updated 4/3/11 to (hopefully) fix crash problem

I was inspired by that scenario, but this is really more of a "reinterpretation" of that scenario than a port. There are quite a lot of differences between the two.

Looks good. I'll download it later on tonight! :D

I know your other two scenarios are good, so I believe this one will be good as well!

@stolenrays
Someone else had the same problem. I'll look into it and see if I can find out what's going wrong. Just for my own info, what OS are you using and do you have any mods in your custom assets folder?

@ Everyone
Has anyone gotten this mod to work on their computer? If everyone is getting this crash, I'll assume the zip file is corrupted in some way and will reupload the mod to filefront. If this crash is only occuring for some people, then it will be a lot more difficult for me to figure out what's wrong.

@ CoffeeShopFrank
What OS are you using?

So far I have had no luck in figuring out what is wrong. I downloaded the mod from the hosting site and ran it no problem, so the error is not due to file corruption. I'll keep trying to find a solution to this problem.

My operating system is Windows 7.

Good thing our cars aren't like our computers, because then they would crash all the time for no reason! :p

I think I may have figured out what went wrong. For all of you who got a crash, here is a map I think will work. Just extract to your mods folder and replace files as prompted. If you still get an error, please let me know. If it works, I would like to know that as well. :)

I'm glad to hear that it's working well for everyone now. Concerning wonders, I'll think about it but I don't know if there are many wonders that even could be added (Harvard is a possibility, but the Capitol didn't come until decades after the war), and since this is more of a warfighting scenario and not really a builder scenario I don't know how well it would fit. Era/region appropriate great people is a good idea, and I'll probably at least implement civ specific great generals in the future. I am not planning on any special events, however, since I prefer a more open game and the Brit reinforcements and alliance events are enough scripted events for this scenario in my opinion. Thanks for all the feedback.

this is a very good scenario =D loving it: it is a bit irking to see bloody militia beat redcoats though =/

one very minor issue though: at the very start: theres that intro which talks about the context in a British and American perspective... i think its supposed to have EITHER British perspective (if playing as the British) or American perspective (if playing as the Americans)
quite probably the only thing i can find fault in, everything else is brilliant.

good work! finally hammered the colonials down hahaha:lol:

@ stolenrays
Yes, I did omit the events that were in the Vanilla mod. I wanted a different feel for my scenario and not just a retread, even though I chose a historical event that had already been covered by the pros.

@ forlorn.hopes
Thanks. I probably will go back and change the intro; I had originally intended to have two separate intros but then got lazy and put them together.

Top Bottom