Lost Eden - Total Conversion Mod for Alien Crossfire (Alpha Centauri Add-on)

Petek

Alpha Centaurian
Administrator
Supporter
Lost Eden Total Conversion Mod for Alien Crossfire (Beta)
Direct Download - Project Page - Discussion Thread

Lost Eden, a new total conversion (mod) for Alien Crossfire, has just been released as a public beta, available here. It's a world in which good and evil wage war unlike ever before. A mysterious figure, Meora, has caused people and factions to war. Can you gain control of Lost Eden and put an end to the madness once and for all?

Note: The Alien Crossfire add-on to Alpha Centauri is required to play this mod.

What's different about Lost Eden?
  • 14 new factions balanced with each other
  • Units from many species: charmanders, squirtles, roses, humans and more
  • New artwork for units, terrain, leaders, technologies and the user interface
  • Predesigned units present a wide range of tactical options and include cheap amphibious spies, psionic units that lower enemy morale, fast attack units with low defence and very powerful irreparable units
  • A redesigned technology tree and retooled facilities breathe life into previously ignored strategies
  • Original quotes for technologies, facilities and factions
Direct Download - Project Page - Discussion Thread

...seriously? pokemon on a alpha centauri sci-fi mod? no thanks... in my honest opinion, adding any type of cartoon-ish charactors like pokemon on a sci-fi world about aliens and humans just ruins that whole point.

There's no need to be that rude.
If you don't appreciate the design, then at least honour the time and effort which has been put in.
Please don't ruin someone else work.

Sorry if it was rude though, but that just my opinion. I'm not forcing it on to other's, it just that's the way that I'd see it.

Is there a tutorial how to do new unit-graphics for basic Alpha Centauri? I always thought AC would be the best base from all civ-style games to do a better Master of Orion (lots of spaceships, only land-terrain), but I never was able to change the unit graphics.

Is there a tutorial how to do new unit-graphics for basic Alpha Centauri? I always thought AC would be the best base from all civ-style games to do a better Master of Orion (lots of spaceships, only land-terrain), but I never was able to change the unit graphics.

I'll pose your question to the Alpha Centauri modders.

I don't care much about the cartoony colourful monsters, but I do appreciate work on one of the best games ever.
I also long for the old fashioned graphics... Look at those vehicles! They're great!

Defiantely not my style. I hate the idea to mix it with things that that look like rubbertoys for dogs.

Why is this getting such a huge article and other mods dont?

Maybe because total conversions, if not large mods in general, don't happen all that often for Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire? There's plenty of mini-mods such as new factions, a few minor graphics changes, but rarely is it you see something like this for the game.

I don't mean in any way to disparage this mod. I'm sure the author put a lot of work into it.

But is it really appropriate to have a picture on the front page of the site with a copyrighted (children's cartoon) character with his (supposed to be non-existant) nudity covered by a fig leaf?

.... actually, I feel kind of foolish for not noticing that when I first glanced at it.
In all fairness though - there's a lot of mods for various versions of Civ itself that have similar such questionable appropriatry. If that's even a word.
I think it's just the rareness of something for AC(X) that netted it the spot, but perhaps as Petek posted it, he can shed a little light on it.

I posted the news item just to bring the mod to the attention of the general CFC community. I did check in the staff forum whether or not it was appropriate to do so and was advised to go ahead. As for the fig leaves, those (and other changes) were added to comply with the board's rules.

I'll check with the other moderators and admins regarding the copyright issue.

Petek

The good part of this that it grabbed my attention towards SMAC one more time.

Hey everybody! :) I'm here (and have now subscribed to the thread) if you want to ask any questions to me directly. I hope that you all enjoy the game!

@Civinator SMAC/X has a rather restrictive limit on the number of unit icons that are available in units.pcx. Predesigned units in alphax.txt can have a number to specify which icon they use. Let me know if you need more information.

Hey everybody! :) I'm here (and have now subscribed to the thread) if you want to ask any questions to me directly. I hope that you all enjoy the game!

@Civinator SMAC/X has a rather restrictive limit on the number of unit icons that are available in units.pcx. Predesigned units in alphax.txt can have a number to specify which icon they use. Let me know if you need more information.

Kilkakon, thank you very much for your answer. :) Meanwhile I have found your AC forums at CFC and indeed I have some more questions about modding AC. As far as I know, AC is the only Firaxis 2D epic game that allows the player to give units a different equipment - and this could be interesting for doing a better Master of Orion Mod.

Shall I post my questions here or in your forums?

AC is one of the greatest and most respected games of all time, and now whenever you go to that subforum there's a thread about Charmander penises stickied at the top.

Kilkakon, thank you very much for your answer. :) Meanwhile I have found your AC forums at CFC and indeed I have some more questions about modding AC. As far as I know, AC is the only Firaxis 2D epic game that allows the player to give units a different equipment - and this could be interesting for doing a better Master of Orion Mod.

Please use the Alpha Centauri forum to ask about modding AC. Thanks. :)

Yeah in the Alpha Centauri forums! It'll be good to see more modding going on there as well. :) Petek actually made a little thread to point you out to me so you could post there if you like.

Top Bottom