Space Age Mod

The Templar

Commissar
Let's face it, the modern age tech tree makes no sense as written. So I fixed it. The Space Age Mod is a greatly expanded version of my Space Race Mod v4 for vanilla Civ 3. Changes include:

• A new tech tree for the modern age - see picture below. Robotics is now actually useful!
  • Unit stats have been made rational. For instance, caravels now regularly sink galleys, marine occasionally win, etc.
  • A new government form - Neoliberalism. Neoliberalism is modern global unregulated capitalism. It has communal corruption and the standard tile bonus, but high war weariness and no draft.

The mod is split up among three folders, each of which should be extracted to the CivPTW/Scenarios folder. Download part one below, and then download Part 2 and Part 3.

And let me know about any bugs, problems, etc.

Attachments

• space_age_mod_pt1.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 846
Here's the new tech tree for the modern age (the industrial age adds a single tech for the Neoliberalism government after Radio, so there is nothing much changed there):

Attachments

• modern age small.jpg
    modern age small.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 5,351
Looks nice, though i always stop playing before i enter the modern age.

Originally posted by The Templar

Maybe you will find yourself continuing once installed ...
;)

maybe.

I cant download it though, when i push the "part2 and part3" buttoms it shows "page not found"

Originally posted by Yoda Power
I cant download it though, when i push the "part2 and part3" buttoms it shows "page not found"

Thanks for the heads up. It should work now.
Also, I earlier pulled a Firaxis and included an earlier version of the .bix file. Anyone who downloaded part one should download it again. I apologize.

looks good. i'm about to try it

Wow thats cool! Mabey I should download it, I would have to look at download tips first though. I always wanted a Space Age! However, I think it should come after the modern age instead of replacing it, or is that what this patch already does?

Top Bottom