Denmark Civilization and Scenario Pack and Explorers Map Pack due for may 3rd

Odd. What was all that Korean Civ V chatter about a Korean DLC then? :(

Still, Denmark looks nice. Wonder if they'll add Norway later? XD

Cool. Danes instead of Norse, but that's fine. I like Cnut, but Harald is cool too. Ski infantry, wonder if it's like Alpine Troopers from Civ2. Strikes me as more of a Finish thing, but it could work for the Danes.

Scenario: England, Scotland, Normandy, and Denmark, I would assume.

Odd. What was all that Korean Civ V chatter about a Korean DLC then? :(

Well, I thought it had just been a miscommunication/translation error related to the release of the Korean language patch. I think this seems to be likely.

No, they actually said on the Korean site that the DLC would be released after the language localization. Maybe it'll show up in June?

Ski Infantry? Anyone want to take a guess? Maybe a unit that can pass mountains? Replaces paratroopers?

And what about beserks?

I bet some real badass viking unit that will kick the butt of every other unit in the game, including the GDR! :lol:

Would only be historically correct :)

Strangely enough, the map pack sounds more interesting to me than the Vikings, and that's just opposite of how I normally feel. From it's description, I'll definately be getting the map pack and the Vikings DLC both.

Firaxis/2K must love fools like me. :)

^ I wasn't planning to buy any map packs, but I think I'll check this one out.

No, they actually said on the Korean site that the DLC would be released after the language localization. Maybe it'll show up in June?

I think it was a miscommunication. Whoever at 2K who updated the website might not have understood the original communication, which wasn't related to DLC at all. It said something like "Korean civilization," which could originally have meant Korean language version of civilization, but was interpreted to mean Korean DLC.

Ah....I suppose that's possible there was just a communication error between the website owners and 2K itself. Sigh. Oh well. :(

Absolutely loving the smoky sky and subtle lighting on that leader screen for Denmark, though the leader looks like a friendly jock with a beard rather than a fearsome Viking ruler.

though the leader looks like a friendly jock with a beard rather than a fearsome Viking ruler.

I'm guessing that's his friendly stance :viking: Wonder what the angry hostile one will look like ...

The scenario sounds pretty interesting, a totally war focused kind of "King of the hill" where the hill is England. Should make for a fun arena to test out the updated AI tactics etc coming in the patch. The Norman invasion of 1066 and all of the Viking activity (Norway and Denmark) in the British Isles around that time is a really interesting period of history ... definitely looking forward to seeing how the Normans and Saxons are portrayed in this scenario. Huscarls? Early castles?

Should be a fun one.

congrats to Firaxis for not adding a horned helmet. From the screenshot this also looks like the most economical leader diplo screen yet (probably right next to any diplo screen that includes a horse).

I have the odd feeling the diplo screens will become in time more economical to the point it's just going to be an uncomfortable close up shot of the leader (or the horse, let's add more horse).

Cool :)
I always wanted the vikings...

Why go with national traits though? Why not just vikings, but Denmark? Norway and Sweden also had vikings as I recall... Maybe they will have two more DLC's with vikings?
Weird... You have Arabia representing half the middle east and north africa, and then you have Denmark instead of vikings representing scandinavia

Danish Ski Infantry will look really horrible on Desert or tiles without snow :(.

On the images attached you'll find all info you need about Danes.

Attachments

• Danes.jpg
    Danes.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 8,413
  • Ski Infantry.jpg
    Ski Infantry.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 7,423
  • Berserker.jpg
    Berserker.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 6,975
Top Bottom