wehrmacht/ss/sa/Gestapo units

itrodrig

Chieftain
These are basically units i hacked together form existing models. They are a work in progress so feed back would be great. I see many WWII mods that are very detailed however the reskined marine model for the SS and german infantry really takes away from the expereince of the mod. Scroll thru the the rest of thread to see links of finished units

I have uploaded a few units, I have many other Uniform/equipment variations. Let me know if your looking for something in particular and i will upload it

List of units i am working on:
werhmacht with rifle and mp40
Waffen SS with rifle and mp44
Nazi partymember
Gestapo
Wehrmacht infantry Officer
Waffen SS infantry Officer
Field Marshall
Panzer Grenadiers / mix match uniform
German Police
Wehrmacht with winter camo smock
German cavalry
Deutsches Afrikakorps
German Labor Corps
Fallschirmjäger
POW Laborer
German Mountain infantry

Attachments

• PANZERGR..jpg
    PANZERGR..jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,176
  • Panzergrenadier.zip
    115.9 KB · Views: 401
  • WEHRMACHT.zip
    116 KB · Views: 418
  • WEHRMACHT.jpg
    WEHRMACHT.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 5,355
  • WAFFEN SS.jpg
    WAFFEN SS.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 2,533
  • PZ2.jpg
    PZ2.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,737
  • WEHRMACHT2.jpg
    WEHRMACHT2.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 923
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 916
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,093
Although these are in good quality, it's sad that all german units available are nazi units. Nothing more generic. This ways, these units are pretty good for a scenario, but there is few on could use to flavour Germany for a default game...

:yup: they look good, will undoubtly find a place somewhere :).

but there is few on could use to flavour Germany for a default game...

With what would you want to flavor germany around that time if not nazi units :confused:?

Edit: And welcome to CFC :).

With what would you want to flavor germany around that time if not nazi units ?
Why stick to that 10 or 15 years? For modern troops, you could easily use modern day Bundeswehr look. For older units, you could use prussian-like Pickelhaube-based units. Also, it is possible to use some look that was common during ww2, but avoid certain points. A Bismarck battleship would be okay, if there wouldn't be a swastika. The swastika as well as other symbols push the units to a certain political aspects, but civilization gives complete liverty about how things turn out. Germany could be a democrazy in modern ages without becoming a Third-Reich ever. In that case, the swastika would be pretty off. I use the swastika as example only, I would avoid these uniforms also as they are closely connected with Hitler.

These aspects became obvious to me when looking for something more generic for my Saxony mod. I would use some generic german art, but nothing nazi-like as for Saxony that would be pretty off. Saxony as part of Germany participated in Hitlers deeds, but didn't play any special role. So why emphasize the nazi part? On the other hand, a bismarck battleship or a type VII submarine or something german could still work as it resembles the way Germans (and thus Saxons, too) build things. Such stuff was rarely available, most things would need a retexture. As there doesn't seem to be a that big interest in my Saxony mod, I don't have such plans. I only want to get the leaderhead done and then include the stuff Bakuel made for me - that's it. For now, I have enough work with the Hungary mod anyways.

Field Marshall , Waffen SS, Nazi Party Member

Attachments

• Naziparty.zip
    297.4 KB · Views: 295
  • waffen.zip
    129.9 KB · Views: 339
  • Fieldmarshall.zip
    330.6 KB · Views: 313
  • FM.jpg
    FM.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 482
They look good let know when I can download them

Beautiful job, but I can't figure out which animations to use with the marine units. Art/Units/Marine/Marines.kfm doesn't seem to work (I tried Infantry animations too). In-game both the Wehrmacht and Waffen just float around. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

And could you upload the SS black-uniformed officer please? (Or just upload them all like The_J said. :crazyeye: )

try this

<KFM>Art/Units/Unique_Ethiopia_OromoWarrior/Ethiopian_OromoWarrior.kfm</KFM>

German Police, still refining will post soon

Attachments

• police.jpg
    police.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 469
  • ploice2.jpg
    ploice2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 528
Mountain Infantry, will post soon

Attachments

• MOUNTAIN.jpg
    MOUNTAIN.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 456
  • mn2.jpg
    mn2.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 544
German Labor Corps, still working on skin

Attachments

• laborcorps1.jpg
    laborcorps1.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 418
I am going to start placing these in my new version 2.0 I have in development now

Would be nice to have some xml hints with these, I can't get them to work/

Top Bottom