Scottish independence

Quackers

The Frog
Alongside the AV referendum results today, came the results for the local assembly elections in Scotland, Wales and Northen Ireland.
In Scotland the results were unexpected, the Scottish National Party(SNP)won a majority of seats in Holyrod (Scottish parliament).
The SNP are a nationalist party who believe in independence from the United Kingdom within the European Union. Today Alex Salmond pledged a referendum on the question of independence.

Map of Britain - yeah England will lose it's hat :D

So...
Do you think Scotland will vote yes and Braveheart DVD sales go through the roof?
Are you a Scot, do you support independence? Are you a unionist? Why?
What would be the outcome for the rest of the UK if Scotland left?

Any other thoughts you have?

------

What would happen to the union jack if Scotland left?

Speaking of which, why isn't the Welsh dragon represented on it?
They were conquered, the Scots joined in a union.

They were conquered, the Scots joined in a union.

Ahh.. And I suppose that explains Northern Ireland's exclusion from the flag as well. edit: turns out northern ireland IS in the flag :lol: whoops

And I guess it wouldn't be that easy to incorporate the dragon in the jack.. but.. it's such a cool dragon! If scotland leaves, they should put that in there somewhere.

Spoiler :

Economically Scotland would be screwed as without us. The flag would be a tricky issue!

Isn't the diagonal red in the UK flag the welsh bit?

The red saltire represents Ireland. No true Scot could watch Braveheart without wanting to kill Mel Brooks afterwards. :)

X-Post.

The vertical and horizontal crosses represent England and Wales, the diagonal crosses represent Northern Ireland, and the background represents Scotland. The Union flag can just make a white background instead of a blue one.

Would the UK even let Scotland leave the Kingdom?

The red saltire represents Ireland. No true Scot could watch Braveheart without wanting to kill Mel Brooks afterwards. :)
You mean Mel Gibson. Mel Brooks is the guy who gave us 'Springtime for Hitler', 'Spaceballs', and 'Jews in Space'.

Link to video.

Ye Englandshire basterds nicked oor oil! Etc etc.

I think Wales is the one part not represented at all. Which is hilarious.

As our resident haggis chaser, do you think you'd vote for independence?

You guys live in that tiny island as it is. Why divide it.

Just my ignorant outsider american opinion.

Top Bottom