PolyCast Episode 117: "Skillful In That Regard"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Learn more. The one-hundred-and-seventeenth episode of PolyCast, "Skillful In That Regard", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with first-time guest co-host "Onandoga"; it has a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m15s | News
New Downloadable Content (DLC) for Civilization V is now available for purchase.
- 13m16s | Forum Talk
Maintaining a preference to do no exploring in, and criticism of the calculation of Victory points in, CivV; then, how does a player stop their civilization from striking in Civilization IV.
- 35m26s | Open Mic
An email inquiring about CivIV saved game sources and mods, and another message on having this game's resource variety reflected in CivV.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
A sound prompts a recollection and an in-the-moment challenge to the show's live audience to win an imaginary treat; then, a reference sparks yet another memory.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution and ModCast focuses on Civ modding.

Hey. Not sure if you guys check in on this but Itunes podcast subscription FTW! AKA I'm already listening.

Heya.

Not sure if you guys check in on this but Itunes podcast subscription FTW! AKA I'm already listening.
Indeed, the show is listed on iTunes. Glad you found the listing, and that you're subscribed and tuning in. :cool: I can see that there have been 7 most favourable reviews to date; last time I checked a month or so ago, there were 5.

Are you the source of one of those reviews per chance? :D Hope you're enjoying the show.

If someone creates a thread with a list of all the episodes (or at least the ones which include Civ5)...
Could this thread be one that is closed to replies, and instead links to individual threads for episode discussion?

:)

Could this thread be one that is closed to replies, and instead links to individual threads for episode discussion?

:)

Whatever you want. You then couldn't edit it, and would have to go on the nerves on a mod to add the new episodes, but i don't consider this a problem.
Problematic is rather getting a list, because i do not really have an overview about where, how, what exactly etc..

Whatever you want. You then couldn't edit it, and would have to go on the nerves on a mod to add the new episodes, but i don't consider this a problem.
:D; works for me too then.

Problematic is rather getting a list, because i do not really have an overview about where, how, what exactly etc..
I've kept a record of PolyCast episode thread addresses here on CFC. I'm thinking of having such a thread index stored in the "Colosseum" forum here, particularly if we're considering a full listing as they're historically predominately CivIV-based, of late CivV-dominated but also a smattering of other Civ titles in part at times too.

Top Bottom