veBears Civs

Sorry... I forgot :)

I think I included the Custom Civilizations folder in the DL when creating Minoa, so that's probably why you are experiencing problems ;)

Just me bragging about a victory I just had and at the same time showing you what you can expect the coming days. Example: Update of Swahili.... Please see POST #2 (page #1) for more details ;)

And here's my victory:

at the same time showing you what you can expect the coming days. Example: Update of Swahili.... Please see POST #2 (page #1) for more details ;)

Can't see more details :dunno:.

And i guess that small piece which you're giving us here means that you'll do more stuff :D?

Jup, more stuff coming... two new civs and some updates of old civs. I'll probably have the first one uploaded today... Dahomey ;)

Someday you'll be giving Civ of the Week a run for its money. On the other hand, that's one less civ I'll need to bother with. :p

Also, that Zakariya looks awfully familiar. ;)

Not the most sympathetic civ overall (from the wiki entry, i mean), but it definitely offers some good choices for the needed civ details :yup:.

IDK what you mean by symphatetic civ, but still, thanks for nice comments :)

Someday you'll be giving Civ of the Week a run for its money. On the other hand, that's one less civ I'll need to bother with. :p

Also, that Zakariya looks awfully familiar. ;)

Well... I try to keep my civs Modular, while Civ of the Week is more than that... but still, thanks for the nice comment ;)

About Zakariya... I told you I'd borrow it :goodjob:

Berbers will not be Modular though. I could not do this as I had to edit an alreay existing civilization (Carthage) so that the Berbers could get the Numidian Cavalry UU and Carthage another one, so on that one I'll throw in Diplo-quotes and Music... and I have to say, you'r Zakariya quotes inspired me to use the same source as you did for them ;)

Edit: When I create civs I usually create civs from areas that I think are underrepresentated (Africa: Swahili, Libya and Dahomey - Asia: Siberia and Indonesia) or civs that I mean are forgotten (Tartessos, Minoa, Indonesia etc.). I also plan on re-doing Khorsan and, instead of having all the mess, instead creat it as a sole Parthian civ so we could get the northeast-iranian/turkmenistan-area covered. I got a lot of time on my hands at the moment... and little to do.

I got a lot of time on my hands at the moment... and little to do.

Ehh, I wish it was like this for me too :p
Anyway, really nice civs you are making!

Edit: When I create civs I usually create civs from areas that I think are underrepresentated (Africa: Swahili, Libya and Dahomey - Asia: Siberia and Indonesia) or civs that I mean are forgotten (Tartessos, Minoa, Indonesia etc.). I also plan on re-doing Khorsan and, instead of having all the mess, instead creat it as a sole Parthian civ so we could get the northeast-iranian/turkmenistan-area covered. I got a lot of time on my hands at the moment... and little to do.

Civ of the Week also seeks to do underrepresented or forgotten civs, as you probably already know. We must be of the same mind. :shifty:

IDK what you mean by symphatetic civ

They sound rather cruel, no real cultural and technological achievements, and in total rather...not...nice, that's what i mean.

But you can say the same things nearly also about the aztecs, so that's not a real reason for anything.

Civ of the Week also seeks to do underrepresented or forgotten civs, as you probably already know. We must be of the same mind. :shifty:

Jup... I've always hated the huge gaps in Siberia and Africa and the much too tight-packed Europe. We also need more nations for America...

They sound rather cruel, no real cultural and technological achievements, and in total rather...not...nice, that's what i mean.

But you can say the same things nearly also about the aztecs, so that's not a real reason for anything.

That must be it :D

Cybr... I got a small problem here. When you want to add sounds to your civs leaders, what do you do? Does it then have to be in the Mods folder in ProgramFiles or something? Anyway, I have included the code here:

Spoiler :

AudioDefines code
Code:
	<!-- veBear Change Start -->
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>DIPLO_BERBER_EARLY</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Diplomacy/Berber_Early</Filename>
			<LoadType>STREAMED</LoadType>
			<bIsCompressed>1</bIsCompressed>
			<bInGeneric>1</bInGeneric>
		</SoundData>
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>DIPLO_BERBER_MIDDLE</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Diplomacy/Berber_Middle</Filename>
		</SoundData>
		<SoundData>
			<SoundID>DIPLO_BERBER_LATE</SoundID>
			<Filename>Sounds/Diplomacy/Berber_Late</Filename>
		</SoundData>
	<!-- veBear Change End -->

Audio2DScripts code
Code:
<!-- veBear Change Start -->
	<Script2DSound>
		<ScriptID>AS2D_DIPLO_BERBER_EARLY</ScriptID>
		<SoundID>DIPLO_BERBER_EARLY</SoundID>
		<SoundType>GAME_MUSIC</SoundType>
		<iMinVolume>65</iMinVolume>
		<iMaxVolume>65</iMaxVolume>
		<iPitchChangeDown>0</iPitchChangeDown>
		<iPitchChangeUp>0</iPitchChangeUp>
		<iMinLeftPan>-1</iMinLeftPan>
		<iMaxLeftPan>-1</iMaxLeftPan>
		<iMinRightPan>-1</iMinRightPan>
		<iMaxRightPan>-1</iMaxRightPan>
		<bLooping>1</bLooping>
		<iMinTimeDelay>0</iMinTimeDelay>
		<iMaxTimeDelay>0</iMaxTimeDelay>
		<bTaperForSoundtracks>0</bTaperForSoundtracks>
		<iLengthOfSound>0</iLengthOfSound>
		<fMinDryLevel>1.0</fMinDryLevel>
		<fMaxDryLevel>1.0</fMaxDryLevel>
		<fMinWetLevel>0.0</fMinWetLevel>
		<fMaxWetLevel>0.0</fMaxWetLevel>
		<iNotPlayPercent>0</iNotPlayPercent>
	</Script2DSound>
	<Script2DSound>
		<ScriptID>AS2D_DIPLO_BERBER_MIDDLE</ScriptID>
		<SoundID>DIPLO_BERBER_MIDDLE</SoundID>
		<bLooping>1</bLooping>
	</Script2DSound>
	<Script2DSound>
		<ScriptID>AS2D_DIPLO_BERBER_LATE</ScriptID>
		<SoundID>DIPLO_BERBER_LATE</SoundID>
		<bLooping>1</bLooping>
	</Script2DSound>
<!-- veBear Change End -->

After that, I do some copy-paste and knit the sounds to the leader. Hope you can help me with this, as basically, this is everything that keeps me from releasing the Berbers.

You can't do it for modular civs. That's why I couldn't do all the new diplomacy music for CivGold (well, that and it would've taken too much space).

Affoess actually found a way to circumnavigate this, so you might to look up one of his threads, though if I remember it requires a bit of (easy) python. Actually I don't remember if it was him... I think it was him.

Now I actually remember the reason why I don't do modular. :crazyeye:

The thing is... these guys are not modular, as I can not do that since I'm changing the Carthage UU so the Berbers have the Numidian Cavalry. I've incorporated everything in the right files, and even added diploquotes to them, but when I start the game, CivIV won't respond...

Hmm. I see. Looking at the code, I can't see anything right off the bat that would be problematic. However, it is quite possible that you mistyped the XML in some other place or something... As a side note, how do you know that the audio is the problem?

Does it then have to be in the Mods folder in ProgramFiles or something?

Why would it be anywhere else?

If worse comes to worse you can send me the files and I'll take a look at them.

I usually mod files in the Mods folder in My Documents/My Games... etc. I tried to move the files, but it did not really work...

I'll have a look at it tomorrow again. Here's a picture of what I did not do to my computer today:
Spoiler :

FALCON PUNCH!

Bad news guys. I've done something with my right hand (IDK what, to be honest, but using it hurts like hell). Basically, this means I won't be able to mod this today. Will try as soon s it gets better though :/

Top Bottom