custom unit questions - Civilization Fanatics' Forums
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Creation & Customization

Notices

Civ3 - Creation & Customization Discuss the art of creation and post your completed modpacks, maps, or utility programs in the completed files forums.

Old Jan 24, 2003, 02:49 AM   #1
nates1984
Chieftain

custom unit questions

first of all, i'm sorry if these are repeated questions, i just wish this was as easy as civ 2

1) i have gotten some new units, but my problem is with the air units, i see no bombs falling onto the cities when i do a bombing mission, so how do i fix that if i can?

2) another thing about the air units, they can move around the map like a land unit, i can fortify them outside a city, on say, a grassland square, whats up with that?

3) every time i try to edit the units_32 file, the pictures look all weird, how can i do it correctly? what program do i have to use and what settings are needed? please dont tell me to go get zulu's units_32 or anything like that, i would like to make my own...

4) i got the gattling mecha, and on the city screen, when i hit the button to change prodution it looks fine on the list, but after i choose it i can only see half of it on the button, how do i fix this?

5) i use civ3multi-tool, but the only AI stratagies i can choose is air defense and explore, how can i fix that?

6) anyone figuered out how to edit .amb files yet?

thanks to anyone who read this far
nates1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 02:58 AM   #2
Shabbaman
rebuffing the rebels

Re: custom unit questions

Quote:
Originally posted by nates1984
first of all, i'm sorry if these are repeated questions, i just wish this was as easy as civ 2

1) i have gotten some new units, but my problem is with the air units, i see no bombs falling onto the cities when i do a bombing mission, so how do i fix that if i can?

2) another thing about the air units, they can move around the map like a land unit, i can fortify them outside a city, on say, a grassland square, whats up with that?

3) every time i try to edit the units_32 file, the pictures look all weird, how can i do it correctly? what program do i have to use and what settings are needed? please dont tell me to go get zulu's units_32 or anything like that, i would like to make my own...

4) i got the gattling mecha, and on the city screen, when i hit the button to change prodution it looks fine on the list, but after i choose it i can only see half of it on the button, how do i fix this?

5) i use civ3multi-tool, but the only AI stratagies i can choose is air defense and explore, how can i fix that?

6) anyone figuered out how to edit .amb files yet?

thanks to anyone who read this far
I guess you're talking about custom, hand made, units. For any questions on that, and their answers, you should go to the creation and customization forum.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 03:28 AM   #3
Globetrotter
...wherever i may roam...

Just a quick hint: did you alter the units ordering in the units_32.pcx file, i.e. the order in which the units should appear?
I won't tell you to get Zulu's file, but just try to reinstall the original one, no new units, and check if there is still a problem with the bombers.
If there still is, check it out in your mod: may be you have given them additional capabilities such as fortify, etc.

But as Shabbaman said, you'll best find your answers in the Creation & Customization forum.

BiBikoh
Globetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Creation & Customization > custom unit questions