PolyCast Episode 123: "Not Just a Lame Clip Show V" - Civilization Fanatics' Forums
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions

Notices

Civ4 - General Discussions Forum for general Civilization IV discussions including Warlords and Beyond the Sword (BTS) expansions.

Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:16 AM   #1
DanQ
Deity

PolyCast Episode 123: "Not Just a Lame Clip Show V"

Image Even more gaming goodness. The one-hundred-and-twenty-third episode of PolyCast, "Not Just a Lame Clip Show V", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with 10 first-time and returning guest co-hosts in another compilation of segments archived from previous episode recordings and not released previously; it has a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m00s | Miscellaneous (Part 1 of 2)
Accounting for the most nuclear weapons launched in a game of Civilization IV (recorded for Episode 85).
- 04m16s | Senate (Part 1 of 2)
Maximizing the mechanics of technology 'bulbing', and whether making the Lumbermill improvement available earlier than presently in CivIV would unbalance gameplay (recorded for Episode 91).
- 17m00s | Miscellaneous (Part 2 of 2)
Classifying one's identity, CivIV-style (recorded for Episode 113).
- 26m23s | Forum Talk (Part 1 of 2)
Responding to an article arguing that liberals play computer games like conservatives (recorded for Episode 114).
- 34m53s | Senate (Part 2 of 2)
The viability of a Civilization IV economy based on religion (recorded for Episode 120).
- 45m47s | Forum Talk (Part 2 of 2)
The worthiness of building one-tile-island cities in CivIV (recorded for Episode 122).

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay. This latest PC outing is the first to focus almost exclusively on Civilization IV since last fall.
>> PolyCast Episode 236, ModCast #59, TurnCast #59; One More Turn Season 3 Promo

Last edited by DanQ; Jul 09, 2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Corrected typo
DanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:45 PM   #2
r_rolo1
King of myself

Hey , I'm in this one too bad that the topic was not exactly prone to witty discussions I would definitely trade that one for the most nukes launched

My Civ lema: Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur

Lonely Hearts Club Bullpen / You , Yourself and your shadow : Some lessons on isolated starts
r_rolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:16 PM   #3
DanQ
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_rolo1 View Post
Hey , I'm in this one too bad that the topic was not exactly prone to witty discussions
Which one? You mean as part of the discussion in the thread being discussed or..?

Quote:
I would definitely trade that one for the most nukes launched
>> PolyCast Episode 236, ModCast #59, TurnCast #59; One More Turn Season 3 Promo
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:40 PM   #4
r_rolo1
King of myself

Quote:
34m53s | Senate (Part 2 of 2)
The viability of a Civilization IV economy based on religion (recorded for Episode 120).
I'm in this part On the discussion OFC

My Civ lema: Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur

Lonely Hearts Club Bullpen / You , Yourself and your shadow : Some lessons on isolated starts
r_rolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 08:24 AM   #5
DanQ
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_rolo1 View Post
I'm in this part On the discussion OFC
Hmmm, I don't see a reply of yours in the thread. Am I missing something?

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions > PolyCast Episode 123: "Not Just a Lame Clip Show V"