Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Creation & Customization

Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Pouakai
Tangaroa

How to use FireTuner?

I'd like to use FireTuner to test a new mod of mine, can anyone give me a guide on how to get it working?
Pouakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:07 PM   #2
jdog5000
Revolutionary

Here's what I do:

- Start Civ5

- Under video options, change Civ5 to not full screen

- Start FireTuner

- There are a bunch of panels in FireTuner, the one I use most is called "Game" I think. It lets you start AutoPlay for different numbers of turns. The Autoplay buttons aren't all labeled right, but the turn numbers are 1, 2, 10, 50, 100, etc or about that.

With Autoplay the AI plays all the civs and then will stop and give you control of the civ you select in the middle of the Game panel. That way you can watch how the AI plays your mod and test things.

There's a lot more to FireTuner too, but I haven't messed around with much more.
jdog5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Pouakai
Tangaroa

OK, so how do I actually -use- FireTuner? Assuming I want to add techs or something
Pouakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:38 AM   #4
Redox
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouakai View Post
OK, so how do I actually -use- FireTuner? Assuming I want to add techs or something
This question is hard to answer, because it's not clear what exactly you need help with.

If you want to add techs for human player, there is an "Active Player" tab in the Fire Tuner. You need to start your scenario, then go to this tab and give yourself a tech. It doesn't allow you to give some specific tech though.

If you want to achieve some more precise results, you need to issue a command through console (Lua Console tab). Select a unit and type UI:GetHeadSelectedUnit():SetMoves(600) in the console input at the bottom. This will give 10 moves to a unit. To know what commands to give, you need to open source lua files which do something similar to what you want, and find out what commands do they use.

Also, I think there was an improved version of FireTuner which allowed more control over what you can do. Different "cheat engines" could be helpful. I think the one I remember was written by Onni.
Redox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Zyxpsilon
Running Spider

Start HERE.
Continue with THIS.

Everything else is personal interpretation & deduction(s)!

Advisors, Eras+Center, UI, LeoPaRd, -- yep, Life itself is ART.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Redox
Warlord

I wasn't looking for advise on Live Tuner, but this first tutorial is awesome, I didn't know these things. Thanks Zyxpsilon!
Redox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:30 PM   #7
m202
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog5000 View Post
Here's what I do:

- Start Civ5

- Under video options, change Civ5 to not full screen

- Start FireTuner

- There are a bunch of panels in FireTuner, the one I use most is called "Game" I think. It lets you start AutoPlay for different numbers of turns. The Autoplay buttons aren't all labeled right, but the turn numbers are 1, 2, 10, 50, 100, etc or about that.

With Autoplay the AI plays all the civs and then will stop and give you control of the civ you select in the middle of the Game panel. That way you can watch how the AI plays your mod and test things.

There's a lot more to FireTuner too, but I haven't messed around with much more.
You HAVE to go into windowed mode, all you have to do is alt tab between programs. You should keep multiple programs open though because sometimes civ will mess with you and say you have the fire tuner open but you cant see it. So click the other program you have open like IE or Firefox, and then click the firetuner again, then it should come up.
m202 is offline   Reply With Quote