v8.6.16 terrain tooltip not showing

Joni

Chieftain
Hi

I just installed the game and the most recent version of your mod. Unfortunately, the terrain tooltip (the thing normally located at the bottom right above the minimap, showing the name of the tile and the yield) does not show up while hovering the cursor over the different tiles.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something very basic here? :)
I tried to follow your steps in the "Reporting Bugs" topic, but none seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please disregard and close this topic. For some reason, setting the tooltip delay to 0 seconds fixed the issue.

I apologize for the hasty posting, but I'd still like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great work!

Basically there's 2 tooltips:

• The main one at the mouse location.
  • The smaller secondary one at bottom-right.
I transitioned to the mouse-tooltip because people can choose to hide or show it (an option we don't have for the bottom-right version).

Something I've thought about is using the "simple help" option to hide some extraneous information on the mouse tooltip (making it more like the secondary tip). Basically, if we deselect "simple help" it'd hide the labels of terrain: resources: yields: etc, and simply list them like the secondary tip does, if that makes sense.

Top Bottom