Female Unique Units

Good to see you solved that Phalanx :goodjob:

Now, back to that Dahomey Amazon unit... when do you think you will have time to make it? I already have a civ ready to go with it :deal:
Well, here you go, hope you like her. :)
That one doesn't work for me, but another one does that uses sceneviewer.
Since I have almost no experience with sceneviewer I'm afraid I can't help you there. :(

Attachments

• Dahomey_Amazon.zip
    138.2 KB · Views: 107
I just noticed this thread! OMG Sai! I love you today!

I can finish up the new BAT version! Yay!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I've attached the israeli infantry and revolutionary guard unit I was referring to. You could probabaly use the head of the female islamic missionary for the revolutionary guard.:hatsoff:
Okay, I've finished your request. Hope you like 'em. :)
I just noticed this thread! OMG Sai! I love you today!
Good for me. Always glad to be of service. :)
I can finish up the new BAT version! Yay!!
And that's something good for us all I'd say. ;)

Attachments

• req_femaleunits.zip
    564.2 KB · Views: 82
looks like I forgot to say: the amazon looks great :D
thanks again :p

I know this is quite the big request, but I still hope you will do it. I wonder if you could create flavour art for my Dahomey civ with female units. The units I need are Archer, Axe(wo)man, Chariot, Crossbow(wo)man, Cuirassier, Horse Archer, Knight, Longbow(wo)man, Heavy Swords(wo)man (Maceman), Musket(wo)man, Pike(wo)man, Scout, Spear(wo)man, Swords(wo)man and a Warrior. You culd use the dahomey amazon for the rennaiscanse units and the body of your mali female skirmisher with mino head for medieval and classical. IDK about the ancient ones though (warrior and scout).

I understand if this will be too much work and you're caught up in RL. Still, hope you find time to do this :)

I know this is quite the big request, but I still hope you will do it. I wonder if you could create flavour art for my Dahomey civ with female units. The units I need are Archer, Axe(wo)man, Chariot, Crossbow(wo)man, Cuirassier, Horse Archer, Knight, Longbow(wo)man, Heavy Swords(wo)man (Maceman), Musket(wo)man, Pike(wo)man, Scout, Spear(wo)man, Swords(wo)man and a Warrior. You culd use the dahomey amazon for the rennaiscanse units and the body of your mali female skirmisher with mino head for medieval and classical. IDK about the ancient ones though (warrior and scout).

I understand if this will be too much work and you're caught up in RL. Still, hope you find time to do this :)
Sorry, that does not interest me enough. But maybe you can use some of my other female units with some reskinning for it.

I understand. Maybe some will work, but I doubt that I can use that many as they are sort of non-african. Still, I guess I could try some.

Edit: forgot about your amazons... maybe some of those could work :)

Sorry for bumping your thread, but could you make a female version of the Papal Pikeman from Charlemagne, it's for my mod.

Sorry for bumping your thread, but could you make a female version of the Papal Pikeman from Charlemagne, it's for my mod.
Sounds interesting. But since the pikeman is heavily armored and wears a helmet the changes would be rather small, the changed sound would be the most prominent difference. If this isn't enough, I could remove the helmet for the female version.

What would you prefer?

I'm using your units to do a little mix and match with the different heads and body types created using NifSkope. I'm having a little trouble pasting a head from your female warrior to the female knight. I'd like the knight to show some female parts. When I paste it to the head, after renaming bones, the head is way off to the right. When I relocate the head to match the body, it does not act appropriately in the game. I'd like to learn how to do this correctly in NifSkope. I've added heads before, but it's been a few years and I used NifViewer, which is obviously, very buggy.

BTW,
I have some reskins of your models and couple others that I think you might find cool.

My idea is to make a complete set for several different ethnic groups. Asian, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Middle East, African, Native American etc. The two civs I've been working on thus far is Asia and Northern Europe. I have almost the entire sets of each with a few holes that I'm trying to fill. Thanks for creating such excellent units.

I'm using your units to do a little mix and match with the different heads and body types created using NifSkope. I'm having a little trouble pasting a head from your female warrior to the female knight. I'd like the knight to show some female parts. When I paste it to the head, after renaming bones, the head is way off to the right. When I relocate the head to match the body, it does not act appropriately in the game. I'd like to learn how to do this correctly in NifSkope. I've added heads before, but it's been a few years and I used NifViewer, which is obviously, very buggy.

BTW,
I have some reskins of your models and couple others that I think you might find cool.

My idea is to make a complete set for several different ethnic groups. Asian, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Middle East, African, Native American etc. The two civs I've been working on thus far is Asia and Northern Europe. I have almost the entire sets of each with a few holes that I'm trying to fill. Thanks for creating such excellent units.
I think that problem might be solveable using a dummy node, but I'm not sure. If you upload the modified unit I could take a look at it.

Also I like your reskins, good job. :goodjob: I'd say you should upload each group when you finished it. I'm sure others might find use for them, too, and could give you further feedback. More variation is always good. :)

I've attached it. The file I've been working on is Knight_FX. I enclosed a copy of your original knight and the maceman/warrior I'm trying to take the head from.

I tried the dummy method I read in a reply you sent before on another thread. What can I say, I'm the "dummy" because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Attaching the maceman/warrior head to the dummy bone places the head far away from the dummy bone. After I move the maceman/warrior head to the knight body, it looks okay in nifskope. In the game, I get the "head on a string" effect. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Female_Knight_with no helmet.zip
    485.5 KB · Views: 63
I've attached it. The file I've been working on is Knight_FX. I enclosed a copy of your original knight and the maceman/warrior I'm trying to take the head from.

I tried the dummy method I read in a reply you sent before on another thread. What can I say, I'm the "dummy" because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Attaching the maceman/warrior head to the dummy bone places the head far away from the dummy bone. After I move the maceman/warrior head to the knight body, it looks okay in nifskope. In the game, I get the "head on a string" effect. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
The problem with the head is that it has still a NiSkinInstance node (it is rigged to the skeleton). With this, it will be affected by the changes of the nodes that are child of that node (in this example, the Bip01 Head and the Bip01 Spine1). By making this mesh a child of one of these nodes, it will be affected twice by it, which leads to unfavorable results. Sadly, this node can not be just deleted, since then it will not work anymore in Civ4. But I could unrig it with Blender, the resulting mesh is attached to this post. I hope that one works for you, but I have not tested it ingame so far, it might lead to a crash of the game. Just contact me again in that case.

Also make sure to make it a child of the Bip01 Head node. Making it a child of the Dummy Head Node will have the same rigging effect as making it a node to the Bip01 Spine1 node.

Attachments

• head.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 55
Bingo! It worked. Thanks for your help!

Attached is the file with the generic skin for shield. I did some reskinning on the knight plate armor to give her more slender curvy feminine look. Still looks a little bulky in the midsection though.

Attachments

• Female_Knight_Reskin_No_Helmet.zip
    382 KB · Views: 64
  • female_knight_no_helmet_reskin.jpg
    female_knight_no_helmet_reskin.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 122
Bingo! It worked. Thanks for your help!

Attached is the file with the generic skin for shield. I did some reskinning on the knight plate armor to give her more slender curvy feminine look. Still looks a little bulky in the midsection though.
Glad to hear that it works for you now.

Well, the problem with the midsection is of course that you would need to modify the mesh with Blender (or other 3D programs) to change the silhouette. But armors are bulky after all. :)

Top Bottom