elder scrolls mod development thread

Solved the problem by placing the Tamriel directory in the Mods directory within Program Files and not the My Games directory. Maybe adding an additional civ might be an idea though, the huge map always puts 11 civs on the map, and there's only 10 civs in game, so to me it resulted in two Hammerfall starting on the same plot, with one getting moved out of the border when the first one founded their capital, and the second one thus founded their capital just next to it. Dunno which this would be though.

Oh, maybe not, another solution is possible :)

Copy the WorldInfo.xml from BTS GameInfo folder and paste it into the GameInfo folder in the Tamriel Mod, then open it and change the <iDefaultPlayers> on huge map from 11 to 10. Simple, but genuine.

I don't know :confused::confused::confused:
It works for me. I had this mod merged

It includes an altered CvEventManager.py
plus a new python file StartingPointsUtil.py
and an xml file xml/start_pos/Tamriel9_StartingPoints.xml

do you have them there??

Well, they should be there and I have no idea what's wrong.

Courahee, can you tell Where did the civs in your game start?

The Orcs were in nothern-eastern most corner of the pangea-like continent. The bosmer were below them. The rest were to the left. I quit before discovering the entire map however.

^Yup, that should be the solution... you might notify people of it by stating in on the DL Page and in the first post

Current issues:

- Looking for new menu screen picture
- Orcs always block high rock and hammerfell. I have an idea of preventing that. - fixed, I hope. Need to test
- Lowered units maintenance for orcs? more aggressive leader
- Khajiits are too successful. Thinking how to nerf them down a bit. fixed
- Looking for civ-specific citysets, in FFH2 among others
- Edit era-related citysets... renaissance out!
- Settlers in galleys -maybe?
- The niben - should it be open to sea? Then maybe cheaper ships for transportation? It would still block the argonians... I wish there was a way... ah! forts!
- Should dunmer start on vvardenfell?
- Do you have an idea for a wooden wonder? Perhaps something from Skyrim?
- altmer and khajiit are same color. lol. fixed
- Animals & barbarians. I played this without them, so I don't know.
- writing texts, descriptions, civilopedia entries, etc. I like to do this the most, but it doesn't affect anything and takes a lot of time... I might as well spent all my modding time on this...
- the -3 health on defiance doesn't seem to work. it works! I am an idiot
- think of a better balance of ebony\ orichalcum\ moonstone
- I got the impression that the leaders aren't agressive enough. Is that true?

+ khajiit graphics - anyone is willing to help?
+ graphics for arcane university wonder

just for subscribing..
I'm mostly a FFH player so...and I have not enough time to play it so I'm not sure I'll play your's... But I think your work fantastic !!
and I really had my hopes up when I read the may 15th proposition to help with kajit.... :D
I really liked the FFH Maogata civ that you found... save that with lezard graphics it is less fun :D

About how to nerf Orcs and Khajites, I can help with that, adjusting some LH values to edit their Empire building preferences. Also, flags is soon ready, but I probably won't be able to complete the until Saturday (would have been great if you could bump me or something on Saturday). I have a couple of suggestions for Redguards, Hammerfell and the Britons too, and I've changed the colours to fit my preference, which is the colours you will see when I preview them when they're all finished. If you like those colours, I could upload them to you.

About how to nerf Orcs and Khajites, I can help with that, adjusting some LH values to edit their Empire building preferences.
for khajiits, I'm thinking of cutting one of their 3 big trait bonuses (no anarchy, cities start at pop 2, and production and food from trade routes)
For orcs, I have an idea.

Also, flags is soon ready, but I probably won't be able to complete the until Saturday (would have been great if you could bump me or something on Saturday). I have a couple of suggestions for Redguards, Hammerfell and the Britons too, and I've changed the colours to fit my preference, which is the colours you will see when I preview them when they're all finished. If you like those colours, I could upload them to you.

excellent! :)

Here's some of them... I would really love to do some more though. Two suggestions for Hammerfell (Minaret: Arabic architecture, Wind: men who came from the west like a wind blowing towards the east). The Orc, Imperial and Skyrim flags have own custom colors, the Altmer is White with Dark Yellow as secondary. Redguard is deafault. I'll make you buttons too if you like them.

Edit: forgot the attachement :hammer2:

Edit2: Attachement removed

Those look great veBear! :):)

I think I prefer the minaret for the redguards.
And perhaps a brighter red for imperials?

...And I've just finished integrating a lot of citystyles from FFH2, cavemen2cosmos and warhammer, plus sume made by lord Tirian and Freya!
So after long and tedious editing of the horrible cityLsystem and PlotLsystem files, I'm happy to announce the new city looks (cities + hamlets\towns\cottages):

Plus, I've weakened the khajiit traits, and changed the orcs gameplay: now they are kind of OCC - they can't build settlers (but can conquer cities), but they have huge production bonuses, especially in their capital.

nords early and later:

bosmer:

imperial

redguards:

bretons:

argonians:

khajiit:

orcs at 3 eras:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 6,122
  • Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 6,195
  • Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 673
  • Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 698
  • Civ4ScreenShot0097.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0097.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 6,182
  • Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 668
  • Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 706
  • Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 711
  • Civ4ScreenShot0107.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0107.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 6,124
OK, will try with brighter red for Imperials. Minaret for redguards. Also doing some research on a final flag suggestion, but there's a strike over here in Norway, an the waether predictions are cold and dark for the next couple of days, so I figured I might enjoy the last day of sun today without too much modding. Next week though, is mostly for modding I believe.

Edit:
With Black Marsh, did you mean the Argonians? I made a suggestion for them anyway. Here's some new updates. If you're happy with the colours, I'll make buttons for them, if not, tell me what colours I should replace them with, so U can create buttons with those colours too.

Edit2:
Just a thought; deleting settlers from Orcs might be a bit drastical. How about giving them an Orcish settler that grants a free barracks type building from city founding, but costs the double and is avaible on a later tech, so that they per example will have to research Masonry (or a later tech) to found their cities.

Edit3: Dunmer flag... any thoughts? Old one from Vanilla? New one?

Edit4: Attachement removed

go out, enjoy the good weather!! :)

yeah argonians live in black marsh, and I like your suggestion. I like them all, you can make the buttons (it's not a problem though, I can make buttons too, I've made tons of them earlier).

we have only breton and dunmer left then... For bretons, if you find something medieval, a crown and a sword, or something similar...
For dunmer I have no idea :dunno: maybe a volcano?

For orcs, I gave them massive production and units production bonuses (mostly) in the capital, and made their starting position, too, production powerhorse; plus I'll make their leader very aggressive; so they will produce huge armies and go to war to conquer cities. I'm thinking, lore-wise they didn't fare well at all; and had just one city which got destroyed twice. So, if AI-controlled orcs don't succeed in most of games, that's not that bad. For a human player, though, it will present a challenge.
I need to test how will they fare; if they're too bad, I'll go with your idea

OK, already have a good idea for Bretons ready; here's some suggestions for Dunmer:

1. Simple, easy, and cool, but might be a bit hard to understand what it is.
Spoiler :

2. The Volcanoe in the middle. Should be easy to create, but might end up being a bit detailed.
Spoiler :

3. Shouldn't be hard at all, but maybe a bit too simplistic. Still the best one IMO.
Spoiler :

4. Easy and cool. Could work well.
Spoiler :

Will finish as soon as possible.

Top Bottom