PolyCast Episode 131: "Not Just a Lame Clip Show VI"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Let's go for the next of five consecutive weeks of new PolyCast episodes to mark the show's birthday of the same number. The one-hundred-and-thirty-first episode, "Not Just a Lame Clip Show VI", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with 15 first-time and returning guest co-hosts in another compilation of segments archived from previous episode recordings and not released previously; it has a runtime of 59m59s.. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m00s | Forum Talk
Are one-tile island cities worth the effort (recorded for Episode 112); has anyone ever made a defensive pact (recorded for Episode 120) (08m03s); the purpose of Hydro Plants (recorded for Episode 122) (20m15s); should jungle tiles be developed (recorded for Episode 124) (26m48s) and what should and should not be Downloadable Content (DLC) (recorded for Episode 127) (32m25s).
Then, roleplaying with Social Policy trees (44m14s) and bringing back culture conquering (recorded for Episode 129) (46m58s).
- 53m21s | Research Lab
Making Culture civilization-wide to limit over expansion (recorded for Episode 125).

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

i found 2 islands with luxury resources and minimum of 2 atolls and 2 fish each. I wanted the resource and the amount of food was so high, as long as i kept happiness up, the science boost was greatly appreciated. The cities purpose were luxury resource + high population. When my game ended, my 2 main cites had 16 pop and the 2 islands had 14 pop, and were founded 180-210 turns into the game.

But of course it is situational, but the right island is an island worth taking.

Replay is attached (space victory, King, Isabella)

mods-InfoAddict
DLC-Spain, Polynesia

Attachments

• AutoSave_0326 AD-1906.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 284
Hi

Saw this and now you have yourself another listener. Added the PolyCast to my Chrome bookmark bar. I'll be joining WePlayCiv.com also.

EDIT: Tried to register for WePlayCiv forums, cannot do so. The ReCAPTCHA Image Verification says I am typing the wrong thing even though I've tried 10+ times. Yeah, I wanna join that much! Please get that sorted!

Hi

Saw this and now you have yourself another listener. Added the PolyCast to my Chrome bookmark bar.
:king:

Welcome, new listener, and thank you for the kind words.

Tried to register for WePlayCiv forums, cannot do so. The ReCAPTCHA Image Verification says I am typing the wrong thing even though I've tried 10+ times. Yeah, I wanna join that much! Please get that sorted!
You will need to contact the WPC administration; there is a form to do so from this address.

great episode as usual ty danq
On behalf of myself and my fellow panelists, you're welcome. :)

i'm wondering whether you guys will touch on playing dom victories for specific civs with all DLC and latest patch installed?

namely japan!!!

i'm wondering whether you guys will touch on playing dom victories for specific civs with all DLC and latest patch installed?

namely japan!!!
On approaches to achieving different types of victories based on civilizations is something we have not covered on the show for the most part -- sparingly for Civilization IV, and not for CivV at all to date. We found it difficult to adequately do so in an audio-format for IV, and also given the number of official patches that have been, continue and are still expected to be released we are further hesitant to do so for V. This is not to say that we will not revisit this position in the future for either game :), but not in the immediate future.

suggestion - one of the panelists/ all do a feature challenge and report/ discuss findings.
eg report on the coop mp game, all do a sp game of some type and discuss outcomes, or play a mp duel or tiny ffa, or maybe a competative teamer, something that could be finished in one sitting.

Id love there to be more reference to competetive mp, thou i understand it's not your panelists preferred game

mm

suggestion - one of the panelists/ all do a feature challenge and report/ discuss findings.
eg report on the coop mp game, all do a sp game of some type and discuss outcomes, or play a mp duel or tiny ffa, or maybe a competative teamer, something that could be finished in one sitting.[/i]
We have done casual reporting on single player games through the "Theatre" segment, but not many -- notably this year included -- as it tends not to be a favourite of many panelists. Co-op games are discussed more frequently, but even then not so much for comparable reasons (though there is the TurnCast spin-off that focuses on these in particular).

Id love there to be more reference to competetive mp, thou i understand it's not your panelists preferred game
We'll see what we can do.

Thanks for your feedback, MM.

Top Bottom