HOF III December '11 Gauntlet

Tone

Deity
Hall of Fame Staff
There's some great competition going on at the moment in the gauntlets. I agree with del62 that it's time for a large map, lowish level conquest game so the settings for the last gauntlet of this year are:

Level: Monarch
Mapsize: Large
Victory Condition: Conquest

As usual you have two months to play if you wish to participate. Please submit your games by February 15th 2012. Good luck to all competitors.

Managed a 270AD finish with the Iraqoius, fundementally flawed by my map settings of warm and wet, meaning a lot of marsh/ jungle slowed my MWs down.

Improved with a 90AD finish with Celts, but again made the error of including the Mayans, who were far away and difficult to chop down at the end.

Improved to a 190BC Score slightly dissapointing as had the ottomans given me their last two cities I acould have beat the best scores, but they both had a resource/ lux and they would only offer one, but when I took the capital, the next one was 3 turns away even for an army.

I finished in 10 AD. If I'd remembered to build roads earlier I probably could have been many turns faster, and I did not plan my attacks well (so I spent way too much time traveling from far south to far north), but I had a very nice map.

I had what I sort was a really good one especially after I found all 8 luxuries unfortunately the Chinese were nowhere to be found,

This Gauntlet is now closed.

Gold medal: del62 250BC
Silver medal: CKS 10AD

The new gauntlet will be posted very soon.

My goodness! A medal!

(This reminds me of running track in high school. I collected a lot of second place points high jumping because there was only one other competitor. By the end of the season I could clear opening height about half of the time.)

Top Bottom