Gauntlet suggestions

Tone

Deity
Hall of Fame Staff
I thought that it might be useful to have a thread for Gauntlet suggestions.

As I have stated before, I am happy to choose the settings each month but it is so much better if someone makes a suggestion that they are thinking of trying, as happened in the original when Mistfit laid down a challenge to Denniz and the rest of us gatecrashed the competition.

Just so that you know, we now operate alternating between high and low levels on successive months and try to cycle through the different VCs but on a much less rigid basis. Don't worry about that though. If your suggestion doesn't fit that pattern it doesn't bother me. I just like seeing the tables fill up with good dates!

I'll start with Naok's suggestion for Jan '12...
What about 100k for the next HOF ? For tiny, small and standard maps there are a lot of empty spots from Emperor and above.

I had something else in mind. We tried 100K (Small DG) six months ago but no one submitted a game! I was thinking of 100K next month so to try it at a lower difficulty this time around. If you want to give it a go then I'll go ahead with your suggestion. Was your post a statement of intent or just pointing out some gaps in the table, Naok?

I was going to process the update now but I'll postpone it for 24 hours to see if there are any views on this.

p.s. This also applies for Sid games BTW. I've kept away from using this level for gauntlets as we rarely get an entry but please let me know if it's something your interested in and I'll factor it in.

I definitely have an interest in Sid games. I'll probably even take a break from my Huge histographic game to play one. I also kind of miss the idea of having a multi-month game (maybe 4 or 6 months instead of 3?) for a non-Huge histographic game.

Huge Deity spaceship.

I had something else in mind. We tried 100K (Small DG) six months ago but no one submitted a game! I was thinking of 100K next month so to try it at a lower difficulty this time around. If you want to give it a go then I'll go ahead with your suggestion. Was your post a statement of intent or just pointing out some gaps in the table, Naok?

I havent played 100k games for the moment, so I suggested it to get advices from other players for such kind of games. And I didnt know that
We tried 100K (Small DG) six months ago but no one submitted a game!
I started HOF in October last year. And if nobody submitted a game it means it is hard. We could try Emperor level or even lower.

Huge Deity spaceship.
Other wise, I would like to try Deity Spaceship, but not on huge map (sorry Spoonwood ... ;)) I just dont have the time for it.

We kind of need a third party to help decide ........ :)

I think something other than Huge might work better also when I think about it.

Thank you for the suggestions. Deity SS is actually what I was thinking of so I'll go with that.

Please keep the suggestions rolling in for the coming months. You don't have to wait for the middle of the month to post here. ;)

@Naok: we'll try 100K next if you're up for it. 100K DG is not too hard for players that are confident with the DG AI. The 100K games are just not always so popular, maybe because once you reach domination as start to pop rush the culture the games slows down a fair bit. Let us know if you fancy giving it a go and we'll try it soon.

@Spoonwood: we can relaunch the Histographic Challenge if there's demand. We can bump Marsden's old thread or even start a new one for each game. He set a three month deadline for games but we can extend that to four or six, in the same way that we have extended the gauntlets to two months. Did you have anything specific in mind?

I was wondering what will be the next gauntlet ...... I am still busy to find and to finish a good game for the January Gauntlet. I am still interesting to try a 100k (small or tiny maps) but I am open for any other suggestion.

My last suggestion doesnt seem to interest many people. I finished one game for the last gauntlet, I still need to make a report. But until now there is no submission. So I am not sure I am the right person to suggest something.
Anyway, for my personal taste I am now playing Tiny, Demi-god, 20K games. So if anybody is interested, tell it, it could be the next gauntlet.

Hello everybody and especially Tone

It seems that we didn´t got an April Gauntlet and I am not sure about May. So what are we going to do ? I am still interested by the monthly gauntlet challenge even if I don´t have a lot of time to play ....... but it is not a challenge if I am alone ..... :sad:

Any suggestion ?

... but it is not a challenge if I am alone ..... :sad:

I agree. Maybe it should stop coming from me and become something where interested players challenge each other, as in the original civ III gauntlet, thrown down by Mistfit in Denniz's direction?

I'm happy to keep setting them up but there doesn't seem much point if the interest is not there.

So it does not seem that there is a great deal of continuing the gauntlet. I was waiting to see if anybody had something to say about it. Does look like.

A pity. It was a good point that brought me to the forum and made me enjoy C3C.

Top Bottom